Used 1999 Lexus LX 470 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Lexus LX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (18 reviews )

I enjoy driving this car every day
By ohsupharmd

1999 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV AWD

I love the comfort and realibity of this car. I wanted an SUV with a look, performance, comfort, realibility and I found the LX. I just make sure I change the oil every 3 months, and do the maintenance at recommended mileage. I wish Lexus offered 22 inch rims for the car; it is very hard to find a rim that will fit the car. It has an unusual ball pattern. Great car, what else can anyone ask for?

Comfort, looks, reliabilty, sound system, alarm system, front and back heater/ac system.

Have the radio controls on the steering, provide options of 20 to 22 inch rims, more power, better fuel economy

A near perfect vehicle
By John

1999 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV AWD

In my 50 years of owning and driving vehicles, this one is my favorite. It's also been the most reliable and trouble free and the dealership has been a pleasure with the routine upkeep of the vehicle. This is truly a "turn-key" situation, just turn it on and go, in comfort and style. This is also the first vehicle I've ever owned for 200,000 miles. And they've been virtually trouble free.

The hydraulic leveling and adjustable suspension system are one of our favorites. The lowering feature for easy access is a big hit we use at almost every stop. We also enjoy that it's built like a tank underneath. It can really take a beating and keep right on ticking.

More than anything else, I'd love to have decent fuel mileage. There are vehicles that are faster, bigger and more powerful that still get significantly better mileage. I would suggest that a disabling option of the full time four wheel drive feature might help with mileage.

Simply Perfect
By lawboy74

1999 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV AWD

I picked up this vehicle with a lot of miles but it still rides better than most brand new cars. The quality build by Toyota/Lexus is simply amazing. I have had many cars but this one is superior in so many categories most specifically in the quality product. Everyone loves this vehicle when they get in it and no one can believe it has 132K miles for the way it looks or feels. The leather doesn't show any cracks and there are no annoying rattles. You will not regret buying this vehicle (just be ready to pay at the pump). You will LOVE this car.

The build quality unlike any other. Better than BMW, MB, any car maker. I love the big feel of the car with the smooth ride. It is very fast yet you don't realize it with how smooth the vehicle is. Ohh and the 3rd row jump seats are great! From folding away to ease of pulling out.

I wish they had put radio controls on the steering wheel. My 98 Navigator had it this should too. HID lights should have been standard on this vehicle as well as the roll down windows from the key fob. I will not even say the mpg but would have liked the car to take regular to premium.

LX470
By Ron

1999 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV AWD

One of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned. The fact that the body style hasn't changed in a while it makes it almost impossible to tell the model year.

Ride adjustement, heated seats, 7 comfortable seats.

Gas mileage.

LX 470
By BFB

1999 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV AWD

I have owned 12 SUVs and this vehicle is hands down the best. It handles like a much smaller 4x4 but with unmatched amenities. I have become a repeat buyer of the Lexus 4x4. The quality of the vehicle coupled with the management style of Lexus and its dealership simply blows away all of it competition. Although I like the lines of the LR slightly better the ride and reliablity of the LX 470 will keep me coming back time and again. BFB

The quality of the ride and handling is unmatched.

I would like to have the ability to turn off the feature that automatically readjusts the sideview mirrors when the vehicle is in reverse. This is a great feature for parallel parking it can be dangerious when simply backing up. I would also change the diagrams on antenna switch and the side defroster.