1999 Lexus LX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (18 reviews )
Not worth the money
By cmorr on 01/23/12 12:00 PM (PST)

1999 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Purchased as 2nd owner with 50,000 miles, have had it since 2003 now has 110,000 miles on it the moulding on doors was replaced twice because of wind noise still noisy. Radio bad-cd quite working about 1 year ago went to cassette and now it dosen't work and the antenna failed all with less than 110,000 easy miles on it. Our upkeep is around 3500 every 9-12 months the leather interior is cracking and is going to cost about 800 to replace. Worst car (for the money spent) that I have ever had. We have a 1992 honda accord with 300,000 miles that I drive.

225,00miles & still our most reliable
By sara on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

We bought this car over 11 years ago and it is still our most reliable vehicle. no one can believe it is as old as it is! no rattles-has never broken down! ever! drives like our 2007 Lexus sedan. we will NEVER get rid of this vehicle!

Classy
By rahang on 03/29/08 19:49 PM (PDT)

1999 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Bought this vehicle used from repeat owner of LX 470s who also loves the LX 470. We have driven it in the Rocky Mountains and Northern Michigan in various extreme weather and road conditions and it hardly skipped a heartbeat. Then the problems. Front wheel portion of AWD failed completely without warning and complete and thorough maintenance & records upkeep. No reason, just failed with less than 120K miles on vehicle. Lexus Company left me dry and lacking enthusiasm for its continued reliability stating I should have bought extended warranty. Chagrined that a seemingly top notch vehicle of this caliber has such a major problem with so few miles, but goes to show failure happens

Almost Flawless
By Steve on 01/07/07 05:46 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

We've owned it since new. On long trips, it feels like you're sitting in a comfy chair in your living room. On the negative side, too many unnecessary options for headlights, give us "on" or "off". The height adjustment was also a useless addition, we never used it. Also, the button to engage the 4-wheel drive was placed where it could be inadvertently hit which happened several times for us and caused problems. Would like to see Lexus add some practical options, like an automatic step that would engage and allow older or physically challenged passengers easier access. Overall, though, it's been a delightful vehicle.

Lexus LX 470
By Paul on 12/09/06 09:16 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

We love our LX 470, I especially liked the way it did in the mountains. It is easily the smoothest riding vehicle in its class that I have ever driven. People are always asking if it is a new vehicle. I tell them it has high miles and a 1999 and they find it hard to believe.

I enjoy driving this car every day
By ohsupharmd on 12/03/06 13:16 PM (PST)

1999 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I love the comfort and realibity of this car. I wanted an SUV with a look, performance, comfort, realibility and I found the LX. I just make sure I change the oil every 3 months, and do the maintenance at recommended mileage. I wish Lexus offered 22 inch rims for the car; it is very hard to find a rim that will fit the car. It has an unusual ball pattern. Great car, what else can anyone ask for?

A near perfect vehicle
By John on 06/03/06 19:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

In my 50 years of owning and driving vehicles, this one is my favorite. It's also been the most reliable and trouble free and the dealership has been a pleasure with the routine upkeep of the vehicle. This is truly a "turn-key" situation, just turn it on and go, in comfort and style. This is also the first vehicle I've ever owned for 200,000 miles. And they've been virtually trouble free.

Simply Perfect
By lawboy74 on 06/16/05 13:59 PM (PDT)

1999 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I picked up this vehicle with a lot of miles but it still rides better than most brand new cars. The quality build by Toyota/Lexus is simply amazing. I have had many cars but this one is superior in so many categories most specifically in the quality product. Everyone loves this vehicle when they get in it and no one can believe it has 132K miles for the way it looks or feels. The leather doesn't show any cracks and there are no annoying rattles. You will not regret buying this vehicle (just be ready to pay at the pump). You will LOVE this car.

LX470
By Ron on 04/27/05 00:10 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

One of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned. The fact that the body style hasn't changed in a while it makes it almost impossible to tell the model year.

LX 470
By BFB on 12/21/04 19:43 PM (PST)

1999 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I have owned 12 SUVs and this vehicle is hands down the best. It handles like a much smaller 4x4 but with unmatched amenities. I have become a repeat buyer of the Lexus 4x4. The quality of the vehicle coupled with the management style of Lexus and its dealership simply blows away all of it competition. Although I like the lines of the LR slightly better the ride and reliablity of the LX 470 will keep me coming back time and again. BFB