Best Ever
By NICAZOID on
1998 Lexus LX 470 4dr SUV AWD
Purchased new with the redesign in 1998. And I can say it has been the best large SUV I have ever owned. To this day though it is a 98 model, I have kept it looking new and I cannot convince people the truck is 12 years old. Most people tend to think it is a 2005-06 year model. Lexus did a good job with a look that has stood the test of time. Has never left me stranded and the only time it has been to the dealership has been for routine maintenanceĀ…albeit very expensive maintenance. The 90k mile service was the most expensive. I had all major service done at that time and the price was 3k. So if you are buying used with close to the 90k miles or above, make sure it has been done.
Favorite Features
Hydraulic height control with 4 corner auto-leveling. Adjustable shock dampening mode from "comfort" for a cushier ride, to "sport" for tighter steering and tighter ride if you want to take corners a little faster with less body roll. It is far from a sport car ride but helps for the trucks size.
Suggested Improvements
Larger brake system as it is such a large truck the rotors warp after less than 10k miles and I must have them resurfaced or replaced often. Some people do not mind or even notice warped rotors. But I being a car nut can notice warped rotors more easily.