Used 1997 Lexus LX 450 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Lexus LX 450 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

Lexus / Toyota #1
By goodgrief00

1997 Lexus LX 450 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased a 5 year old LX 450 in January of 2002 with 65k. Now have 124k on the SUV with absolutely zero problems. The SUV is in great shape and people mistake it for a 1 to 2 year old vehicle vs the 10+ years. Have the local Toyota specialists perform the regular maintenance and the vehicle functions like a fine Swiss watch. I love it! Runs like a champ on the highway and itís a mountain goat when I go off road.

The exterior appearance and the interior comfort.

Nothing, after all, it's an 11 year old vehicle.

LX Rocks
By PC

1997 Lexus LX 450 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This is and OUTSTANDING vehicle. 118k miles and I still haven't spent a dime on a repair - only scheduled maintenance. Further proof that Lexus/Toyota make the best vehicles on the road. Stable ride and more than capable to perform any task you ask of it.

Leather and wood make for a luxurious feel. Spacious and comfortable seating. Tons of cargo space

More cupholders that are more accessible. More front leg room. Rear AC/Heat controls. Power rear window like Sequoia/4Runner.

Solid Truck
By JF

1997 Lexus LX 450 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a solid truck that is as dependable as it gets. However, if you are 6' or taller it isn't comfortable to drive since your knees will press against the lower dash. I continue to have a concern about excessive rocking when driving on the freeway on uneven surfaces. The dealership even replaced the tires and shocks free because of this safety issue. Overall, this has been one of the best trucks I have ever owned.

Styling, ground clearance, durability

I recently drove a 2006 LX470. In my opinion, the styling is extremely dated and the truck is underpowered compared to top-of-the-line competition. In my area, folks are opting to buy the Escalade Platinum Edition or Range Rover. The new LX470 wouldn't stand a chance against these SUV's.

Highly Capable 4X4
By Andy Williams

1997 Lexus LX 450 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a distinctive vehicle with exceptional capabilities. It's built very solidly - it doesn't squeak or rattle, and the engine, while not as powerful as more recently built SUVs is smooth and provides plenty of power. I previously owned a Montero, and decided that the only upgrade available (in terms of functionality and off road prowess) was the Land Cruiser or LX 450. I have not been disappointed. It's quiet on the highway, roomy and comfortable, has great clearance, plush interior, and will go anywhere with ease. I wasn't prepared to give up the 3rd row seat, and the LX 450 offers more room than the Mitsu.

Sun roof, sound system, leather seats, interior roominess, handling and awesome off road capabilities.

Needs cup holders and has only 1(!) cigarette lighter/power outlet.

Great SUV! LX 450 perfect for family
By Chris

1997 Lexus LX 450 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this car about a year used. It has been very reliable and a great car for our family. While it may look similar to the Landcruiser, because it is a Lexus everything is upgraded and well worth it. More important than anything else, however, has been the Lexus service... Outstanding! We also own a BMW 750IL and wouldn't buy another BMW just because of their service at the dealerships. We will always stick with Lexus because of this. GREAT TRUCK!!!

look, upgraded materials