1997 Lexus LX 450 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )
Lexus / Toyota #1
By goodgrief00 on 01/22/08 14:39 PM (PST)

1997 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased a 5 year old LX 450 in January of 2002 with 65k. Now have 124k on the SUV with absolutely zero problems. The SUV is in great shape and people mistake it for a 1 to 2 year old vehicle vs the 10+ years. Have the local Toyota specialists perform the regular maintenance and the vehicle functions like a fine Swiss watch. I love it! Runs like a champ on the highway and itís a mountain goat when I go off road.

LX Rocks
By PC on 08/22/05 20:44 PM (PDT)

1997 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

This is and OUTSTANDING vehicle. 118k miles and I still haven't spent a dime on a repair - only scheduled maintenance. Further proof that Lexus/Toyota make the best vehicles on the road. Stable ride and more than capable to perform any task you ask of it.

Solid Truck
By JF on 07/06/05 14:01 PM (PDT)

1997 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a solid truck that is as dependable as it gets. However, if you are 6' or taller it isn't comfortable to drive since your knees will press against the lower dash. I continue to have a concern about excessive rocking when driving on the freeway on uneven surfaces. The dealership even replaced the tires and shocks free because of this safety issue. Overall, this has been one of the best trucks I have ever owned.

Highly Capable 4X4
By Andy Williams on 04/07/05 14:46 PM (PDT)

1997 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a distinctive vehicle with exceptional capabilities. It's built very solidly - it doesn't squeak or rattle, and the engine, while not as powerful as more recently built SUVs is smooth and provides plenty of power. I previously owned a Montero, and decided that the only upgrade available (in terms of functionality and off road prowess) was the Land Cruiser or LX 450. I have not been disappointed. It's quiet on the highway, roomy and comfortable, has great clearance, plush interior, and will go anywhere with ease. I wasn't prepared to give up the 3rd row seat, and the LX 450 offers more room than the Mitsu.

Great SUV! LX 450 perfect for family
By Chris on 12/29/04 13:45 PM (PST)

1997 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this car about a year used. It has been very reliable and a great car for our family. While it may look similar to the Landcruiser, because it is a Lexus everything is upgraded and well worth it. More important than anything else, however, has been the Lexus service... Outstanding! We also own a BMW 750IL and wouldn't buy another BMW just because of their service at the dealerships. We will always stick with Lexus because of this. GREAT TRUCK!!!

Lexus LX 450
By Lovemylexus on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been an outstanding vehicle to drive and own. Excellent reliability and durability and performance. It has gotten us through some of the most difficult terrain in the US and has been the most dependable AWD vehicle in the deep snows of the Colorado Rockies. My LX450 was even a life saver for a neighbor who got stuck in her Jeep Cherokee (it's a jeep thing remember?) The high ground clearance and large tire size has been the perfect automobile for living in the Mountains. It also has the towing capacity to pull heavy loads of firewood, or boat or building materials. The Lexus LX450 has done it all. Thanks Lexus for building a great vehicle!

Costly to Maintain
By jjs on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck from dealer when it was 6 mos. old with 18K miles--that knocked the price down. Overall, I like it, but it is quite costly to maintain. I am not hard on brakes, but this thing runs through rotors as fast as brake pads (they've been changed 3 times now and the truck currently has 99K miles).

Still a great value after almost 6 years
By MGP on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

New cars being too expensive I set out to find a young, used 4Runner, I found the LX450 for the same price. The additional interior space is great to have, including the third row of seats that adults can actually use. The build quality of this vehicle is excellent--silent ride, capable engine and serious 4WD drivetrain. Great sound system as well. I looked briefly at the new Chevy Trailblazer but the Lexus at 64K miles is in better shape than the Chevys on the dealer lot, and waaaay less in price!

Great Truck
By mts on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

The LX450 I purchased is fantastic in virtually every way. It is built extremely well. The truck is 6 years old with 55,000 miles on it and you can't find a squeak or rattle. The on road ride is very good and there's very little this truck can't handle off-road.

great ride,leaky side door
By wahine on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

Great ride, but when there is heavy rain the passenger floor gets very wet. Can`t see why but I think it is from the door somehow. Also no drink holders and a.c. for the back. Great sound system to.