Used 1996 Lexus LX 450 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Lexus Lx-450 - Consumer Reviews

1996 Lexus LX 450 SUV

Base 4.5L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (13 reviews )

I will buy it again and again!
By I LOVE IT

1996 Lexus LX 450 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought a land cruiser w/out test drive! Was a Toyota after all. Two years later bought my 1996 lx 450. I'm still driving it after 299,000. Everything on this vehicle seems to last. Just replaced an alternator. A bit of p/s fluid leak. I check the engine oil regularly (leak? ). Have never saw its limits, in any kind of weather or load. Dependable. Comfortable. Excellent performance on back roads and highway. Useless cup holders though. Difficult for reaching the spare tire and the jack not enough for this truck. Over all is an excellent truck. My son wants to drive it now and this is the reason I am here looking for another one to adopt. Hopefully after reading this the seller won't raise the asking price.

Favorite Features

There isn't any particular favorite feature. This truck IS my family's and my friends FAVORITE.

Suggested Improvements

They should have asked us before they placed those cup holders fifteen years ago how to improve them.Too late! I learned how to live with them.

Solid SUV
By GL

1996 Lexus LX 450 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this vehicle preowned; it's been very reliable and I still get compliments on it even though it is a decade old now. The problems it has had have not been very significant. The interior build quality is as good as I have ever seen; except for wear on the driver's seat, it looks almost brand new on the inside.

Favorite Features

Tall ride position, quiet interior, air conditioning and stereo are still holding up well.

Suggested Improvements

Better cupholders.

Built like a Tank
By Debbie

1996 Lexus LX 450 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought the SUV used with 60,000 miles, now have over 130,000. This SUV is outstanding in the snow, got thru many snow storms in Vermont safely. Not one major mechanical problem, normal oil changes, tires, brakes. Had the transmission oil changed and emissions repaired @ 120,000 miles. All electronics work excellent. Superb stereo. Some wear on leather front passenger seat. Expect to put on over 200,000 miles without any problems. Reliable, safe great SUV.

Favorite Features

Stereo, moonroof, split rear opening, drop down third seats, ample packing room.

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats, better drink holders, compass, outside/inside temp gauge, heated side view mirrors, more rear leg room & reclining rear seats.

I love this car
By Maggie

1996 Lexus LX 450 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This is such a great car that I bought a 2003 and can't get rid of this one because I love it so much. The two tone color is great, and I have never had any problems with the car other than replace breaks due to wear and tear, I did not have to replace the tires until 80,000 miles. I averaged 16 miles to the gallon which for a large SUV I thought was great It is so dependable. Lynette

Favorite Features

Interior color and exterior color, durability, great drive, luggage area.

Suggested Improvements

I do not like where the CD changer is. That is about it.

Lexus SUV
By Gordon

1996 Lexus LX 450 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Excellent SUV has tremendous pulling power and is very dependable. Looks good runs good 14-17 mpg w/40 lbs tire pressure. Go anywhere anytime vehicle.

Favorite Features

CD, hitch, a/c, sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Reinforce wear spots on seats.