1996 Lexus LX 450 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (13 reviews )
I will buy it again and again!
By I LOVE IT on 03/05/10 17:00 PM (PST)

1996 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought a land cruiser w/out test drive! Was a Toyota after all. Two years later bought my 1996 lx 450. I'm still driving it after 299,000. Everything on this vehicle seems to last. Just replaced an alternator. A bit of p/s fluid leak. I check the engine oil regularly (leak? ). Have never saw its limits, in any kind of weather or load. Dependable. Comfortable. Excellent performance on back roads and highway. Useless cup holders though. Difficult for reaching the spare tire and the jack not enough for this truck. Over all is an excellent truck. My son wants to drive it now and this is the reason I am here looking for another one to adopt. Hopefully after reading this the seller won't raise the asking price.

Solid SUV
By GL on 10/04/06 10:10 AM (PDT)

1996 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this vehicle preowned; it's been very reliable and I still get compliments on it even though it is a decade old now. The problems it has had have not been very significant. The interior build quality is as good as I have ever seen; except for wear on the driver's seat, it looks almost brand new on the inside.

Built like a Tank
By Debbie on 10/19/05 15:20 PM (PDT)

1996 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought the SUV used with 60,000 miles, now have over 130,000. This SUV is outstanding in the snow, got thru many snow storms in Vermont safely. Not one major mechanical problem, normal oil changes, tires, brakes. Had the transmission oil changed and emissions repaired @ 120,000 miles. All electronics work excellent. Superb stereo. Some wear on leather front passenger seat. Expect to put on over 200,000 miles without any problems. Reliable, safe great SUV.

I love this car
By Maggie on 04/28/05 22:35 PM (PDT)

1996 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

This is such a great car that I bought a 2003 and can't get rid of this one because I love it so much. The two tone color is great, and I have never had any problems with the car other than replace breaks due to wear and tear, I did not have to replace the tires until 80,000 miles. I averaged 16 miles to the gallon which for a large SUV I thought was great It is so dependable. Lynette

lexus suv
By Gordon on 02/21/05 12:34 PM (PST)

1996 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

Excellent suv has tremendous pulling power and is very dependable. Looks good runs good 14-17 mpg w/40lbs tire pressure. Go anywhere anytime vehicle.

Lexus SUV
By Gordon on 02/21/05 12:34 PM (PST)

1996 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

Excellent SUV has tremendous pulling power and is very dependable. Looks good runs good 14-17 mpg w/40 lbs tire pressure. Go anywhere anytime vehicle.

LX450-1-year, has been awesome
By wawrzyng on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

Always wanted a LC, while shopping for used LC found the LX450 and like the vehicle even more that I anticipated.

The Best 4 by 4 available.
By eurorom on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

Well I have been thinking of buying an off road vehicle and I went and demo the Pathfinder,4runner,Durango,S-10 Blazer,Explorer,Expedition,Yukon and non of them sold me on their performance,then I came across a Lexus LX-450. WOW!!! what a difference it made,I drove it on the road at 70 mph and it was very smooth, no noise, very solid. I went and follow a small convoy of vehicles which included the Jeep Grand Cherokee,2 Chevy z71 trucks a Yukon and a v8 Jeep Wrangler with 35" tires.Well my Lexus went thru all the places that the Wrangler went thru including MUD....the Chevy,Yukon and the Grand Cherokee did NOT go or did Not made it thru the MUD!

this is a great suv
By rod on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

We love to drive this suv on the freeway, and on long trips, it is quiet and comfortable. No problems, we did have to order big tires, with difficulty when we were on our way to Nebr., no dealers in the midwest, but easy to get back home. We do love Lexus vehicles and this is one of the first SUV's from them, and one of the best.

Used Landcruiser
By willmaxr on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Lexus LX 450 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought a 97 with 48,ooo miles onit. I was planning on a landcruiser, butall the 96 and 97 were at 60k miles plus for 21 to 23k. I got mine for 25 including tax. the thing is awesome and in 10 years my kids can take it to college. all other suvs can chase this classic. problems to date: antenna, e brake calipers.