Used 2008 Lexus LS 600h L Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus Ls-600h-l - Consumer Reviews

2008 Lexus LS 600h L Sedan

Base 5.0L V8 Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic - (5 reviews )

Dream car Disaster Lexus LS600 HL
By Darlene Bonner-Johnson

2008 Lexus LS 600h L Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been a loyal Lexus Customer for 22 years. I ordered my dream, 2008 Lexus LS 600 HL- 6/2008. It was shipped from Japan. I specifically requested the Executive Pkg. To my dismay after a 2.5 week wait, Genevieve Riehl of Bergstrom Lexus ordered me the wrong car. I was incensed. But never forgot about the car I wanted. So on 10/25/13 I bought the car from West Palm Beach FL. I had some problems with the salesman, but nothing close to what transpired after a road trip 3 weeks ago. I put less than 10K per year miles on my car. But decided to drive it to WI. It broke down on the Hwy 419 miles out. I waited 3 hrs for Lexus roadside assistance. They never showed. A cop boosted this FlagPole

Favorite Features

It's hard to think of my favorite features at a time when Lexus Corporate Care, and Lexus Financial Services put me to work regarding my Platinum Warranty they so happen to have "Lost" in the system. I faxed them what they mailed me "Agreement Holders" Deed for my extended warranty! But after a week of waiting Elias Agilara came back singing a foul tune of he's not going to remedy the missing warranty that I hold a copy of...and decided to send me back to the dealership in West Palm Beach FL...By which they have a overwhelming issue of missing warranties as an issue in FL. So, Fav Features: The quiet car when it runs, the low gas usage, when the Check Hybrid System light is not on, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Lexus Care, Lexus Financial and Lexus dealerships stop operating like a back alley organization and treat their customers back the way they started in the 90's in the USA! They also need Certified Service Technician that don't run when they see the FlagPole (AKA Flagship) LS600 HL rolling in for service. Never telling me they "Don't Know What's Wrong" or guess an item that's covered by the missing Platinum Warranty that they refuse to honor. Advise customers about Recalls in a timely fashion. My Car had a recall 10/15/14 for Fuel Pressure Sensor-- in the presence of an ignition source, my car could be at risk for vehicle fire! I found this out at the Check Hybrid System shutdown. Not Safe!

Six months of wonderful
By gotom

2008 Lexus LS 600h L Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought to go long distances; the pleasure of such comfort and safety after 8 to 10 hours is truly satisfying. From El Paso to San Antonio at 75 to 80 mph with 28 mpg was another plus (500 miles between fill-ups). After 7000 miles, I am completely satisfied with the car and truly believe that it is a value when compared to any other car with comparable characteristics and performance capacities.

Favorite Features

The great comfort that accompanies the peace of mind that comes from knowing how many systems are functioning to protect me.

Suggested Improvements

Some will want a larger trunk; my wife and I have had no difficulty living with its capacity.

High Expectations Fulfilled
By Mark

2008 Lexus LS 600h L Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The LS 600 is an impressive vehicle. Although relatively silent to driver, it is quite clear there are any number of mechanical events occurring at a given time in connection with the complexities of the hybrid system. A slight rev when the car is started to charge the battery, complete silence at a stop or below 25 mph, and a symbiotic relationship between battery power,engine power and regeneration from braking and downhill driving. I am not sure any other car company could have pulled off the engineering in this car in such a tight, well thought out, and yes even emotional machine.

Favorite Features

Build quaility, near silent, massive power during aggressive acceleration, adjustable suspension really works in Sport and comfort, slick integrated DVD and excellent nav/stereo. Car looks terrific in black.

Suggested Improvements

Batteries steal trunk space, and probably need second generation (smaller and less weight) to fully make sense of the technology.

The best luxury car for the price
By van go

2008 Lexus LS 600h L Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car performs beautifully, very quiet and compares to other luxury cars this saves me a lot money on gas. I have driven it 100 miles the first day I took delivery of the car, When I got back home the fuel gauge is still on full as if it didnt consumes any gas. I like the way the gas engine goes on and off, you could barely feel the transition, also the CVT is very impressive, you cannot feel any gear changes. You could step on the gas pedal and the car responds so quickly like driving a V12 car only in a very refined manner.

Favorite Features

very impressed with ev mode and rear seat ottomann, quiet ride and gas saving feature.

Suggested Improvements

trunk space

Airplane on the road
By Ijebu

2008 Lexus LS 600h L Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This vehicle runs so smooth, you can barely hear the sound at low idle. I seriously feel believe the car glides rather than drives. Excellent design from Lexus. I do a lot of city driving, so this is a perfect vehicle for me and my family.

Favorite Features

The sound system, the parktronic, and the hybrid system.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger trunk space. Nothing else.