Honest Review of 2013 LS460 by Don
By donisland on
2013 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)
Before I purchased this car I talked to a number of people who owned one and generally everyone gave it an "A" grade. Now that I have purchase mine, I AGREE COMPLETELY, with the exception of IT NEEDS MORE HORSEPOWER to keep competitive with the Mercedes S550 and BMW 750 series. I always enjoy getting into my new Lexus LS460 to drive it, and on top of my enjoyment I have received numerous compliments.
Favorite Features
The new design is a winner, they hit a homerun with this design. Inside the Car: it is very quiet and smooth riding, yet at the same time it goes around corners and curves nicely. I got the Flax color interior which we love, it is just so pretty. The drivers seat is very comortable with so many adjustments, and all other seats are also comfortable. The guages are clear and easy to read. The rear "sun shield" is so nice by blocking out the suns glare. Exterior of Car: is so well designed and such a big improvement over previous years. The tires with the warning of low pressure was so nice, it helped us when one of the tires got a nail in it. The paint job is superb it is so shiny.
Suggested Improvements
It needs MORE HORSEPOWER! Please Lexus, why do we have to go into the control screen, go to Climate Control just to turn off the Air Conditioning? The A/C should have a readily available button on the dash to turn it off. Tinted side and rear glass windows are also needed. The cupholders on the console are too small - we get Starbucks coffee many days and with a "tall" coffee the cup lid does not fit into that cupholder.
By bob446
on 06/22/14 08:58 AM (PDT)

Regarding your request for an available button to turn off the climate system, I think you will find an "off" button immediately to the right of the "auto" button in the climate control cluster on the center stack. At least my LS has one.