Used 2011 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lexus Ls-460 - Consumer Reviews

2011 Lexus LS 460

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

bumpy ride on my new LS, drives like a boat, bad gas milage.
By xexus

2011 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I purchased my new 2011 from the showroom, a big splurge and excited about having a top car! When we left that night for home,the car felt like it was getting a flat tire! This continued after 4 visits back to the dealer. Finally, I was told it was the tires (they replaced all 4) and that my car will have a bumpy ride every time I get in it for the first couple of miles and then some!! That is what I expect with a $75,000 car! A car that feels like I an getting a flat when I drive to the store. I have begun to hate this car and the dealer for not solving this problem, but making excuses. I will never buy a Lexus again and plan to trade this in for a car that feels good to drive.

Favorite Features

The ride kills this car...I have no favorite features, because I hate being in the car.

Suggested Improvements

The radio sounds bad and out of balance, you have to put it all in the back speakers to get a better sound. Get better tires and fix the ride. Car drives like a boat. Gas milage.

Wow. Run (don't walk) away from this car.
By doughroller

2011 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The NAV system is much worse than the 430. To push a button on the screen you have to press the screen and then release the finger press before the system acknowledges the button press. This effectively doubles the amount of time it takes to enter an address. There is a knocking sound that is an inherent design flaw. The sound is caused by the fuel pump. The dealer repair shop at first pretended they couldn't hear the sound. Then they admitted it was a design flaw they couldn't rectify. De-contenting is a term that means the manufacturer has removed features that used to be there. This model has been decontented from the prior 430 in many ways.

Favorite Features

Very few. The rear camera is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Put the storage back in the cockpit. Cup holders, under-seat storage, glasses compartment in dash, etc. Fix the unresponsive push button screen. The screen is very annoying compared to other consumer devices. Return the car following cruise control that was in the 430. Eliminate the very annoying knocking sound from the fuel pump. Use the industry standard seat cooling. I live in Texas, and it gets hot here in the summer. Lexus chose to use very limited seat cooling. I spoke with Amerigon (who makes the seat cooling for Lexus) and they told me Lexus limited the seat cooling because they couldn't imagine why anyone could ever want it!

Its harder to find a better car at any price
By jekfranklin

2011 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my 11th Lexus vehicle and they never disappoint. The quality of the vehicle and the personal service provided by the dealership are always tops. I have never driven a domestic car or dealt with a domestic dealership that even comes close. The other foreign brands that compete with Lexus are much more expensive and all have their drawbacks.

Favorite Features

8 speed transmission smoothness, comfort and quiet of the cabin, auto door closers, heated steering wheel, climate controlled seats, AWD, and Nav system capabilities.

Suggested Improvements

Free maintenance during warranty period.

2011 LS 460 AWD
By rl007

2011 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Previous Mercedes owner....now have 2010 RX 350 and 2010 GX 460 and just got 2011 LS 460 AWD. A soft quiet excellent ride, (but 2010 RX 350 feels more of a driver's car.) Appointments and materials first rate. Excellent fit and finish. Acceleration with V-8 excellent, powerful and controlled.

Favorite Features

Directional headlights, folding outside mirrors, excellent driver's seat positioning, lighted overhead controls, full sized alloy spare, voluminous trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Better angled or positioned front info screen...bad glare from sunlight; no compass in rear-view mirror with Nav.; poorly lit glovebox; difficult to get into deep tray between front seats; now using full synthetic oil should change to 10,000 mile intervals for oil change like the RX's and GX's. Waste of good oil and filter at required 5K intervals, and unnecessary expense. From beginning slight shimmy in steering wheel at 65mph....probably poor balancing from factory. Very slight drift to right at hjigh speeds on straight road... ? alignment Front inside door handles open on bottom so can't use for coins etc like in the RX or GX. Clock and inside temp info small and poorly placed.