Used 2010 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus LS 460 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Luxury and Reliability for Less
By leawoodesq

2010 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my third Lexus LS, following a 2001 and a 2004 LS 430. Honestly, the two earlier cars were much quieter, as if powered by a huge electric motor. The driver's seat was more comfortable and its cushion extended farther forward to support under my legs. (I am 6'3" tall.) Other than that, the 2010 is a much-improved car. The motor has direct injection at very high pressure and it idles like a diesel - very noisy, especially compared to the earlier two cars - but the horsepower and torque are much greater. The optional adjustments to the transmission and suspension change the character of the car, unlike in other premium cars. Reliability is a luxury in itself - this car never breaks.

Horsepower and torque. All wheel drive with high suspension adjustment makes it a luxury SUV to get through deep snow or gravel roads with ease. Rear seat legroom is impressive to everyone who gets in the back seat. Heated steering wheel should be standard in all cars. Everything in and about this car always works - never a down moment in four years. Electric screens on rear side windows make other luxury sedans with manual screens seem cheap. The interior has 95,000 on it and looks brand new. With the traction control and stability control turned off (how did we drive before these systems were invented?), the transmission in "Power" and the suspension in "Sport," this car really hustles.

More horsepower comes with reduced gas mileage - makes sense but one would think with modern technology Lexus could have given more power and maintained efficiency. My 2001 and 2004 LSs averaged 20 mpg all-around over 200,000 miles; the 2010 averages 18.9 over 95,000 miles of same daily driving. Exterior styling is bland, but at least it is not as disappointing as driving an "all new" 2013-2014 that looks nearly the same. To compete in its class, the LS needs significantly more horsepower and torque.

Great automobile and reliability
By rpl3

2010 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my 7th Lexus, 4 LS models and 3 RX models. Simply the best driving auto I ever have had. Dependable and for the comfort and size, the MPG is great. Overall 24 on the LS and 26 on the RX. Lexus service is fantastic and accommadating.

Absolutely love the navigation and Satalite radio

Excellent Japanese Quality...
By freddys555

2010 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Lexus/Toyota continues to impress my family and myself. This is the primary car my wife drives. I drive a Mercedes S550 (brand-new) and I cannot express the disappointment I have had after spending over $110K. I have brought my Mercedes back to the dealer over 6 times since I took ownership. Lexus? Zero problems, zero trips to the dealer except for scheduled maintenance. My other family member has a BMW 5-series. Unacceptable reliability.

Acceleration, handling, quality of interior materials, exceptional GPS and information center.

Perhaps a bit work on the interior design...

The LS 460 L
By wheelman4000

2010 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is the first Lexus I have ever owned as a car collector. The LS 460 L has much bigger back seats than other Lexus models do. When you drive around you feel like your in an S550. You would think this car would have like 14 mpg. but this car doesn't. The GPS always comes in handy but now I don't think you could call a GPS a luxury feature. So remember, S550 vs. LS 460. LS 460 wins.

The back seat. If you ask someone who has or had an LS model if the back seat was comfortable they will say yes. The back seat is pretty close to how much space a 7 series back seat has.

The exterior design. The LS 460 looks like a plain Lexus. The LS is WAY more than that. Main point: Lexus needs to figure out another design for the LS to make it look like a luxury car.

Disappointing for the money
By dav2149

2010 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I traded my 2002 LS-430 for the 460. The older 430 seemed much more of a luxury car in style, roominess, and feel. The gas mileage on the 460 is awful and exterior style is not distinctive enough to set it apart as a luxury car. It looks like a car costing $30-45K rather than the sticker $76K .

Very smooth handling; stylish dash; bluetooth-capable; full-featured navigation system.

Lexus needs to design a hybrid luxury car with great mileage (the L600 is only 19/23 and $96+K) - put the mileage of the 250 in a 460; don't put compartments within the glove box; make the arm rest extend more to the front (for us drivers who drive with the seat way forward).