2009 Lexus LS 460 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:
2009 LS 460 AWD!!! Best decision!
By jasver on 06/11/12 18:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

You work hard all of your life, you deserve this car. If you are considering it, you will never regret the decision. The car handles very well, and gives you the choice on the type of suspension you prefer. It is very responsive. You will feel safe and wrapped up in this vehicle. If you are looking for screaming performance, then you may want to look elsewhere, this ride is for those who just want a comfortable "couch on wheels" feel.

'09 Lexus LS 460L Love it
By lj on 03/01/10 20:32 PM (PST)

2009 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Second LS for us. previous 2003 LS w/ 185,000 miles and did have some issues w/ suspension reliability, but otherwise bullet proof. 2009 LS Luxury package, longwheel base, is a real cruiser, loads of power, owned now for 6mos. w/o any complaints. Mark Lev.stereo is a dream. recent cross country trip, was shocked to look down to notice speedo @ 100mph by mistake on open road and ride was effortless and under total control, scary quiet. best mileage at 65, was 28mpg figured by hand. still discovering buttons and features.

I'm truly amazed
By Jim Howard on 02/06/10 08:35 AM (PST)

2009 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Previously, I drove Lincolns for 16 years, then had two LS430s, but this LS460 is the most amazing car I've ever owned. The improvements over the LS430 are many, and the state of the art in this car is nearly perfect. I can find no faults with it, it performs flawlessly, the power is awesome, it's quiet like a tomb, comfortable to a nearly dangerous level, the features are extraordinary and everything works to perfection. I'm particularly pleased with the Hard Drive for storing your music that is on board, and the ability to play DVDs through the navigation screen with the car in park. Nothing like it when you're waiting to pick up the grand kids. I give the car 2 resounding thumbs up.

Squeaks and rattles
By SteveF on 09/07/09 06:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Great car except for the squeaks and rattles in both the driver's and front passenger doors and in the driver's seat. Had it back to the dealer 4 times in 5 months - I finally gave up and sold the car back to the dealer and took a loss. Is this really the pursuit of perfection? Goodbye Lexus - you built a true lemon. Never had these problems with my S-class or 7 series cars.

Feedback on LS460
By Ranganatha Hemmige on 04/02/09 09:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The LS460 is a superb automobile that cruises beautifully on the road. The ride is very smooth, quite, and the powerful V8 engine just cruises without any drag or hesitation. A feature that is worthy to mention are its safety attributes. We happen to live in Chicago whereby we get our driving challenges due to bad weather. Last week, we were driving in the evening during hazardous driving conditions caused by heavy down pours of rain in certain sections of the driving path, and freezing rain in other parts. The car leveraged the all wheel drive feature, and the handling was just superb.

Superb car
By TxDoc on 03/18/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is an amazing car. I test drove all the Germans and others and this is by far the best. I think this is one of the best cars ever made to date. You will wizz by cars you think must be going 20 mph while in reality they are going 70 mph - all while sipping your coffee in a luxurious setting while listening to amazing music. It has turned my daily commute into a delightful experience that I look forward to daily. I feel fortunate everyday to own this car and plan on enjoying it for a long time. I got the chrome wheels and it adds a nice look to the black car exterior. The car looks very stylish, not dull at all.

LS 460
By Driver on 01/04/09 17:53 PM (PST)

2009 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Everyone who sees the car remarks about the fit & finish. Everything fits together perfectly and works perfectly. While the exterior may share some styling with the Lexus ES, you know you’re driving a top-of-the-line car once you are inside. In contrast to many European rivals, all the controls and buttons are easy to understand. Many of these have adjustable features which can be set by the owner or the dealer (like how long the interior lights stay on after you shut the door.). Actual mileage is 22 MPG, overall.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Lexus LS 460 in VA is:

$142 per month*