2008 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Review: My Lexus LS 460L

2008 Lexus LS 460 - Consumer Review

L Sedan (4.6L V8 8-speed Automatic)

My Lexus LS 460L
By Michael O'Brien on

2008 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my 6th Lexus and like all the others it is performing well and is totally reliable. Although a big car the fuel economy is very good. On my regular highway journeys I get 28-29 mpg. Average mixed around town and highway this only drops to about 24mpg. The park assist steering is too complicated to set up and responds too slowly for it to be useful, but it is a fun feature. This is truly a luxury car which is quiet and a pleasure to ride in. The extra rear legroom is always appreciated when I carry passengers.

Everything is well thought out for driver comfort, but especially the rear view camera, parking hold, navigation system, vented seats and Lexus Link. The sunroof wind deflector protrudes just a little too far and causes wind roar. If it is lowered one eight inch, with your finger, it is much quieter.

Adaptive cruise control would be nice - my wife's Avalon has this so why not the Lexus. The electric trunk opener is handy but why can not it be closed electrically from inside the car? The Lexus Link button is too close to the button for opening the roof. 4 times I've called Lexus Link in error.