A Disappointing Update
By Rick S - updated on
2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)
Now that I have had this car for 2 1/2 years, I thought I would add an updated review. This is our 4th Lexus and I am disappointed in the overall quality of the car. Aside from the recall, I have had a number of mostly minor quality- related issues since my last review, including an issue with paint chips on the front of the car and a blown out speaker in my expensive Levinson stereo. If I had to do it over again knowing what I know now, I would not purchase this car. I expected uncompromising quality in a car I could drive for 10 years like my last 2 (less expense) Lexus vehicles. Now I worry about expensive repairs down the road. I am thinking seriously about getting rid of the car.
Favorite Features
Comfortable car with incredible fuel economy for a V-8 (on highway; terrible fuel economy around town). Bluetooth works great. It is difficult to point out too many highlights when you bought a car for it's quality reputation and then find yourself disappointed in the car's quality.
Suggested Improvements
Overall quality is clearly not the same as previous Lexus vehicles; Navigation needs to do a better job of phone number and address look up - it is quicker to print out something from MapQuest before leaving; voice commands mostly useless - quicker to push buttons