2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:
Another Home Run
By Mike Chadwick on 05/05/10 19:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my second LS, the first was a 1995 LS 400, I ran it for 15 years. This car is very much the same, just much more advanced, smooth and powerful. Lexus is getting pricey is the only bad thing, but once you're used to this car no other even comes close. I tried to find a more economical replacement but there are none on the market. The German cars that are in the same league are unreliable and even more overpriced than this one, and because I keep my cars forever they're not an option for me. If I leased it wouldn't matter, outside of how much time you care to waste in a car dealership.

Bimmerman blown away by LS
By mkgupta on 02/05/09 11:07 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I have owned a BMW 3 series, 540i, MB SL 500 and a Porsche 911 C4S. The LS is no Porsche of course but it is the "Porsche" of luxury sedans in my opinion. The ride, power, and luxury are at the top and the reliability is a good feeling to have. The performance is very good for a large sedan, not as good as the 750, but pretty close. For the money, the LS 460 L is by far the best purchase I could have made in this segment. unbelievable car, go and get your own yow won't regret it.

My Lexus LS 460L
By Michael O'Brien on 11/14/08 04:31 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my 6th Lexus and like all the others it is performing well and is totally reliable. Although a big car the fuel economy is very good. On my regular highway journeys I get 28-29 mpg. Average mixed around town and highway this only drops to about 24mpg. The park assist steering is too complicated to set up and responds too slowly for it to be useful, but it is a fun feature. This is truly a luxury car which is quiet and a pleasure to ride in. The extra rear legroom is always appreciated when I carry passengers.

Best Luxury Car
By George on 09/08/08 08:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my sixth Lexus vehicle and the best of all with the Executive Package. It is a solidly well built and quiet vehicle with absolute comfort and interior design, especially in the rear compartment which almost resembles the cabin of a private jet. Despite its 4300 lb weight, I get about 20 mpg around town and 30 mpg highway, depending upon traffic conditions. Its power is impressive as well as its 8 speed transmission which is seamlessly smooth. One minor drawback is the roughness of downshifting at 30 mph. Handling is good for the most part, except for some slight pitching on turns which is to be expected due to its size. Overall this car has everything one could ever want.

Transmission noise
By ted on 12/11/07 12:16 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Previously owned a LS 430. LS 460 similar with improvements. Great audio system and ride but not sports car like in quality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.