2008 Lexus LS 460 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:
Broke
By Fred on 08/31/10 06:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Car has been in the repair shop three times in less than 2 years. Brake problems. What a pain for a $75,000 Car.

A Disappointing Update
By Rick S - updated on 08/28/10 09:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Now that I have had this car for 2 1/2 years, I thought I would add an updated review. This is our 4th Lexus and I am disappointed in the overall quality of the car. Aside from the recall, I have had a number of mostly minor quality- related issues since my last review, including an issue with paint chips on the front of the car and a blown out speaker in my expensive Levinson stereo. If I had to do it over again knowing what I know now, I would not purchase this car. I expected uncompromising quality in a car I could drive for 10 years like my last 2 (less expense) Lexus vehicles. Now I worry about expensive repairs down the road. I am thinking seriously about getting rid of the car.

2008 LS 460
By ken on 11/15/09 07:20 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

We went with the Black, with Tan Interior. Great car, I get total strangers coming up to me and telling me what a great looking car I have. That never gets old. Rides great, very comfortable, easy to use nav, love the back up camera and sensors, door auto close and trunk auto open and close, heated and cooled front seats and heated rear. Fair gas mileage, about 17 in town and 19 on Highway. This is well worth the money, will never own anything else.

Truly amazing car!
By LSfan on 09/29/09 14:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

My wife and I originally went into the Lexus dealer looking for a new GS. The salesman took us for a ride but said upfront that the car may be a little small for me. I am 6'5 and broad shouldered. He was right and the car was a bit cramped. While we were waiting for him to return with the keys my wife saw the LS460 and said she loved how that one looked. I of course responded that it was also the most expensive! When our salesman returned we said we would also like to drive the LS. Of course there was no comparison and we bought the LS. It is just the perfect car. So fast and incredibly comfortable. The interior is the nicest we have ever seen baring none. Highly recommend it!

2008 Lexus LS460
By Irfanski on 07/04/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Great car, smooth and comfortable ride. Great mileage - have driven ~5200 miles and have gotten ~22mpg in city and ~30.5 mpg on a 475 mile trip from NC to KY via the Virginia/WV mountains. Worth every penny (since I got it for a discount buying a new 2008 as the 2009 models were coming in).

Great car, but still has some issues
By tommyguy on 06/22/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

After a year with this car, it has been very dependable. However, like with most other owners, the side wind noise drives me batty. And calls to Lexus say that it is a design problem, that nothing can be done about it, and the problem won't be addressed until about the 2011 model year. Bummer. Also, the complete lockout of nearly every navigation feature while in motion renders the system nearly useless. Don't waste the money on this. Buy a Garman instead.

Overall great, needs a few improvements
By Lexus Lover on 03/28/09 11:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

First off this is my fourth Lexus. The car is great as far as comfort, handling, and performance. My major complaint is the difficulty of modifying the navigation system while the auto is in motion. I understand the safety ramifications, but when you have a passenger in the front seat this should be disarmed. I was pleasantly surprised with the gas mileage...I've actually hit 33 miles per gallon with this car, which to me is unheard of with this large of an engine (and considering how fast I drive). The navigation system is not logical. The Acura RL I recently traded in was very intuitive, this one, the driver actually has to arrange his thoughts before hitting the "talk" switch.

Ultimate Comfort
By APAXCGI on 02/05/09 06:32 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I just bought my 2008 LS and am extremely impressed. The two things that absolutely stand out are the following: interior styling and fit and finish, and the smoothness/quietness of the ride at any speed. Clearly Lexus is well known for both of these attributes but on a daily basis they continue to impress. I shopped the 7, S550, A8 and all of them are very fine cars but none of them though outdo the LS is the aforementioned categories. AND - the LS is 20k less than all three of those models. Bottom line : An extremely fine vehicle in every sense that tries not to scream "I am rich".

3 month review
By TONY on 11/24/08 09:04 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Purchased in Sept. My first Lexus and am still excited to drive it everyday. Very quiet and comfortable and it has plenty of gadgets. The sound system is unbelievably good. I am currently getting around 27 mpg, mostly highway. I haven't had any problems or have had it serviced yet and so a good service visit will put it over the top.

Excellent car
By Derek on 11/04/08 10:36 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Extremely comfortable, quiet and smooth car, yet surprisingly powerful and fuel efficient, a great car for commute and family trips, can't find anything wrong with the car. Lexus service has been excellent, no complains at all! This is my first Lexus and I'm very happy with it so far. ML audio is superb, got to get it if you want good music while driving!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.