Used 2008 Lexus LS 460 Base Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

My first and last LS
By Krish8395

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I have owned this car for little more than 4 years, bought it at 60k miles and now it have 146K miles. Great car till it comes to front suspension issue, its a money pit. I have had my fair share of BMW ownership as well; however, my Lexus tops BMW in repair bills. I have put over $5K just in suspension work and no this car has never been in any accident. What happened to the legendary reliability? I guess it is only legend with this car, even dealership acknowledges the inherent issue. Shame on you Lexus for charging premium price for this junk as well as premium price for parts.

My 3rd LS
By Jim L.

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

We bought it used with 66k miles on it in Aug 2013. Now has 72k and nothing has went wrong. We also have an 02 LS430 with 112 on it and the only thing that broke was the driver window regulator. Way way more reliable than the 7 BMW and one MB S class we have previously owned. The car is super quiet and gets great mileage on the highway. The Mark Levinson in my 08 is much better than the ML sound in the 02. The stereo is absolutely fantastic! The other thing I like is it has a chain driven timing belt so no more expense of replacing the timing belt in the previous generation. I highly recommend this car.

08 LS460 - somewhat dissapointing
By jeffstephan

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

have 65,000 miles on one. Levinson amplifier went out at 60K. Found a repair shop in NJ to fix it for $700. It is 3000 if you go to dealer. Navigation is slow to put in addresses. Cannot change address while driving. Hard to jump start car as battery is very close to firewall with plastic molding above it that needs to be removed. Driver's side window switch went bad at 45,000 miles. Found a used one on ebay for $125 and fixed myself. Paint scratches very easy like others have mentioned. Sound of speakers is excellent. Decent mpg for V8. very comfortable on long drives and safe. Suspension sags into corners when driving spirited.

Sound, quiet at hwy speeds, leather seats high quality, head liner high quality, auto closing doors and trunk, wooden steering wheel, heated steering wheel.

Prior BMW just seemed more reliable sadly. I love Toyotas and lexus and feel I had more problems with this than german cars. Had other things wrong too but forgot to mention them all. Seems like seats take longer to heat up as car ages in winter time. Put battery in better place in the event you need a jump start. Navigation system computer did not have a fast enough processor.

Broke
By Fred

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Car has been in the repair shop three times in less than 2 years. Brake problems. What a pain for a $75,000 Car.

Classic

Build the Lexus like you did in the Day.

A Disappointing Update
By Rick S - updated

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Now that I have had this car for 2 1/2 years, I thought I would add an updated review. This is our 4th Lexus and I am disappointed in the overall quality of the car. Aside from the recall, I have had a number of mostly minor quality- related issues since my last review, including an issue with paint chips on the front of the car and a blown out speaker in my expensive Levinson stereo. If I had to do it over again knowing what I know now, I would not purchase this car. I expected uncompromising quality in a car I could drive for 10 years like my last 2 (less expense) Lexus vehicles. Now I worry about expensive repairs down the road. I am thinking seriously about getting rid of the car.

Comfortable car with incredible fuel economy for a V-8 (on highway; terrible fuel economy around town). Bluetooth works great. It is difficult to point out too many highlights when you bought a car for it's quality reputation and then find yourself disappointed in the car's quality.

Overall quality is clearly not the same as previous Lexus vehicles; Navigation needs to do a better job of phone number and address look up - it is quicker to print out something from MapQuest before leaving; voice commands mostly useless - quicker to push buttons