Used 2008 Lexus LS 460 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

08 LS460 - somewhat dissapointing
By jeffstephan

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

have 65,000 miles on one. Levinson amplifier went out at 60K. Found a repair shop in NJ to fix it for $700. It is 3000 if you go to dealer. Navigation is slow to put in addresses. Cannot change address while driving. Hard to jump start car as battery is very close to firewall with plastic molding above it that needs to be removed. Driver's side window switch went bad at 45,000 miles. Found a used one on ebay for $125 and fixed myself. Paint scratches very easy like others have mentioned. Sound of speakers is excellent. Decent mpg for V8. very comfortable on long drives and safe. Suspension sags into corners when driving spirited.

Favorite Features

Sound, quiet at hwy speeds, leather seats high quality, head liner high quality, auto closing doors and trunk, wooden steering wheel, heated steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Prior BMW just seemed more reliable sadly. I love Toyotas and lexus and feel I had more problems with this than german cars. Had other things wrong too but forgot to mention them all. Seems like seats take longer to heat up as car ages in winter time. Put battery in better place in the event you need a jump start. Navigation system computer did not have a fast enough processor.

Broke
By Fred

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Car has been in the repair shop three times in less than 2 years. Brake problems. What a pain for a $75,000 Car.

Favorite Features

Classic

Suggested Improvements

Build the Lexus like you did in the Day.

A Disappointing Update
By Rick S - updated

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Now that I have had this car for 2 1/2 years, I thought I would add an updated review. This is our 4th Lexus and I am disappointed in the overall quality of the car. Aside from the recall, I have had a number of mostly minor quality- related issues since my last review, including an issue with paint chips on the front of the car and a blown out speaker in my expensive Levinson stereo. If I had to do it over again knowing what I know now, I would not purchase this car. I expected uncompromising quality in a car I could drive for 10 years like my last 2 (less expense) Lexus vehicles. Now I worry about expensive repairs down the road. I am thinking seriously about getting rid of the car.

Favorite Features

Comfortable car with incredible fuel economy for a V-8 (on highway; terrible fuel economy around town). Bluetooth works great. It is difficult to point out too many highlights when you bought a car for it's quality reputation and then find yourself disappointed in the car's quality.

Suggested Improvements

Overall quality is clearly not the same as previous Lexus vehicles; Navigation needs to do a better job of phone number and address look up - it is quicker to print out something from MapQuest before leaving; voice commands mostly useless - quicker to push buttons

2008 LS 460
By ken

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

We went with the Black, with Tan Interior. Great car, I get total strangers coming up to me and telling me what a great looking car I have. That never gets old. Rides great, very comfortable, easy to use nav, love the back up camera and sensors, door auto close and trunk auto open and close, heated and cooled front seats and heated rear. Fair gas mileage, about 17 in town and 19 on Highway. This is well worth the money, will never own anything else.

Favorite Features

Parking sensors, Nav, auto close doors and trunk. Lexus service department.

Suggested Improvements

I got the upgraded wheels, they are very soft and will bend at the slightest bump of a curb. First week I owned the car I went through a drive through and bent a wheel.

Truly amazing car!
By LSfan

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

My wife and I originally went into the Lexus dealer looking for a new GS. The salesman took us for a ride but said upfront that the car may be a little small for me. I am 6'5 and broad shouldered. He was right and the car was a bit cramped. While we were waiting for him to return with the keys my wife saw the LS460 and said she loved how that one looked. I of course responded that it was also the most expensive! When our salesman returned we said we would also like to drive the LS. Of course there was no comparison and we bought the LS. It is just the perfect car. So fast and incredibly comfortable. The interior is the nicest we have ever seen baring none. Highly recommend it!

Favorite Features

The high horsepower engine is amazing, blue tooth and hard drive are great. Mark Levinson sound system is truly unbelievable. 19 speakers! Remote controlled window and sunroof opening is great too.

Suggested Improvements

True Iphone/Ipod connection not just an mp3 jack. Some better wheel options and something with chrome. Mp3 downloading ability instead of just wave files. That is really it. Love everything else.