2007 Lexus LS 460 4.6L V8 8-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Wind noise unacceptable, comfort disapp

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan - Consumer Review

Wind noise unacceptable, comfort disapp
By Bob M on

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I owned a 2002 LS430. This car is not as comfortable and the wind noise is totally unacceptable. The dealer has installed the factory recommended fix, but my wife does not like to ride in the car because the wind noise is so bad. The LS430 was so comfortable and quiet that I made the mistake of not road testing the LS460 extensively. My assumption was that it would be improved. That was a BIG mistake. In contrast to the LS430, the LS460's seats are very uncomfortable after a couple of hours on the road. If the factory does not come up with a fix for the wind noise, this will be the last Lexus that I purchase.

Favorite Features

Mark Levinson sound system is spectacular. I'm shocked at how good the gas mileage is. My highway mileage ranges from 28-32 mpg at 75-80 mph cruise. One tank 100% highway was over 33 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the wind noise issue. Redesign the seats (figure out how they made the seats in the LS430 so comfortable and go back to that design).