2007 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Review: Wind noise ruins the Lexus exp

2007 Lexus LS 460 - Consumer Review

Wind noise ruins the Lexus experience
By AP on

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is a good reliable car with some nice bells and whistles but I would never call it a Premier Luxury car. It is one of the noisest cars I have ever owned and with its price tag and rave reviews about how quiet the car is I expected a lot more. The wind noise is terrible. It sounds like the window is cracked when driving at 55 or greater. Lexus insulated the roof posts and replaced side windows with insulated glass but it helped very little. Very annoying and it makes me cringe when I think about what I paid for it. Also an annoying rattle the dealer is trying to correct with little luck so far. Also very expensive to maintain. $200.00 for an oil change and tire rotation.

Radar cruise control is best feature if you do a lot of highway driving. Hold feature that keeps you from drifting back on hill is nice.

Design to be much more quiet. Road noise is almost as frustrating as wind noise. Use of nav system is too limited while driving.