Wind noise
By newls460owner on
2007 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)
Purchased a 2007 LS460L last week with 13,000 miles. Bought it online from out of town dealer. My first Lexus. Beautiful in most all aspects except for noticeable wind noise at highway speeds. For a car company with Lexus' reputation, I found this disturbing. The local dealership was very aware of the problem, replaced both front windows and "reseated" the rear view mirrors. Now I hear wind noise only when I drive at 100+ mph. Seriously. (Yes, I know I shouldn't drive that fast, but how do you otherwise pass someone who's only doing 85?) In any event, the problem was solved, I am very pleased and cannot keep the smile off my face when behind the wheel of this luxurious beauty.
Favorite Features
Electronics and ergonomics. Controls make sense and are intuitive. The extra legroom in the back of the "L" makes people feel like they are being chauffered.
Suggested Improvements
Design. Would like to see something more distinctive. The view is better from the rear than from the front, not unlike some people I know. It's not something you notice when you're behind the wheel, but my mother could have done better.