2007 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Review: My latest LS 460L

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan - Consumer Review

My latest LS 460L
By Michael O'Brien on

2007 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Once again Lexus exceeds the offerings from German manufacturers. After the numerous problems I have had with German cars it is comforting to have a car which is so smooth, well built and reliable. It would have been nice if the exterior design was a little more exciting, but I suppose at this level, cars need to be more sophisticated than fashionable. I wish I had spent more time with the dealer at the time of purchase so he could talk me through the numerous features. He did offer to demonstrate everything but I thought I would work it all out myself - wrong! The instruction book is a little complicated to follow, with so many features and variations within the model range.

Masses of gizmos. That gearbox is quite something. It is surprising that with 8 speeds the fuel consumption is not even better (30 mpg highway), but it is of course a very heavy car. Nice and quiet ride.

It is difficult to improve upon perfection.