2007 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Review: I should have bought something

2007 Lexus LS 460 - Consumer Review

I should have bought something else
By Callie on

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is a great vehicle, but with one real problem and a few minor problems. A couple of months after owning the car both my wife and I started to notice that the front seats were becoming less comfortable. It feels like there is a bar across the back of the seat and down the middle. There's no way I could drive the car for some hours. My Lexus dealer says this is normal stretching. Very limited access to the navigation system while moving is a pain. There is an annoying tick from the engine compartment at idle which the dealer says is normal. Wind noise is present at above 45 MPH.

The navigation system is great, provided you only want to use it while stopped. Audio system is the best I've ever heard - in a house or a car. The internal design is luxurious. Acceleration is great, cornering less so.

Make the front seats more comfortable. Allow full use of the navigation system when there is a passenger in the front seat. Allow the firmer suspension option to be fitted on the base model, not just the L version. Fix the wind noise.