2007 Lexus LS 460 4.6L V8 8-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Cross country experience

2007 Lexus LS 460 - Consumer Review

2007 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Cross country experience
By Tom N on

2007 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I drove my LS 460L on two long trips, one 1,200 miles, the other 4,300 miles. The car was flawless. Using radar cruise, MPG was as high as 30.1 and no lower than 26.7 in a very strong headwind. With a 22.2 gallon tank, the range is terrific and after driving long stretches there was very little driver fatigue. This is my fourth Lexus and the only car of the four that was perfect right off the lot. Having recently owned competitorís cars, I think this is the very best value on the market today. I drove the LS 460L, Mercedes 550, and BMW 750 back to back. When driving each car I couldnít find enough of a driver experiene difference so my decision came down to features and the Lexus won.

Favorite Features

Radar cruise, hard drive for music storage, terrific sound system, extremely quiet, cool box that works well, lots and lots of gadgets!

Suggested Improvements

No lockout of the GPS and other on screen controls when driving. Better voice recognition. Better GPS detail coverage in rural areas.