Used 2007 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus Ls-460 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus LS 460

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Just a bit better than outstanding!!
By J C Falter

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I have never driven a nicer car in my life time. It is so perfect, I don't know how they can keep up with the production of such a fine automobile. Everything about the car is quality. I don't know what they could do to make it any better, that is why I say that it is a little bit better than outstanding.

Favorite Features

Fun driving, quality, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Cross country experience
By Tom N

2007 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I drove my LS 460L on two long trips, one 1,200 miles, the other 4,300 miles. The car was flawless. Using radar cruise, MPG was as high as 30.1 and no lower than 26.7 in a very strong headwind. With a 22.2 gallon tank, the range is terrific and after driving long stretches there was very little driver fatigue. This is my fourth Lexus and the only car of the four that was perfect right off the lot. Having recently owned competitorís cars, I think this is the very best value on the market today. I drove the LS 460L, Mercedes 550, and BMW 750 back to back. When driving each car I couldnít find enough of a driver experiene difference so my decision came down to features and the Lexus won.

Favorite Features

Radar cruise, hard drive for music storage, terrific sound system, extremely quiet, cool box that works well, lots and lots of gadgets!

Suggested Improvements

No lockout of the GPS and other on screen controls when driving. Better voice recognition. Better GPS detail coverage in rural areas.

My latest LS 460L
By Michael O'Brien

2007 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Once again Lexus exceeds the offerings from German manufacturers. After the numerous problems I have had with German cars it is comforting to have a car which is so smooth, well built and reliable. It would have been nice if the exterior design was a little more exciting, but I suppose at this level, cars need to be more sophisticated than fashionable. I wish I had spent more time with the dealer at the time of purchase so he could talk me through the numerous features. He did offer to demonstrate everything but I thought I would work it all out myself - wrong! The instruction book is a little complicated to follow, with so many features and variations within the model range.

Favorite Features

Masses of gizmos. That gearbox is quite something. It is surprising that with 8 speeds the fuel consumption is not even better (30 mpg highway), but it is of course a very heavy car. Nice and quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

It is difficult to improve upon perfection.

Lexus LS4 60 after a month of ownership
By alex k

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I guess it is needless to mention all the technological marvels that have been included in this vehicle. The 380 HP power plant paired with an 8 speed automatic transmission deliver the most pleasant, luxury ride. The car comes pre-packaged in 4-5 trims. Unfortunately I could not get a laser-guided cruise control with pre-collision system, since it is only offered on the top of the line LS460 L. I could not buy the longer version due to length limitation of my garage, and the above feature is not normally installed on lower end models. Of course one could configure any combination of features, but that is subject for a long wait, since vehicle has to be special ordered in this case.

Favorite Features

Smart key entry system, blue tooth, 6 DVD changer with hard drive (you can record your favorite CD on hard drive). Ventilated seats.

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system disables any manual input once the car is moving. The speech recognition does not always recognize my voice. The system could enable manual entry if there is a passenger in the passenger seat. One has to stop on the expressway to make route adjustments. I absolutely hate this!

Wind Noise Problem
By Leza2279

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The LS4 60 has a manufacturing defect that allows a very noticeable wind noise that emanates from the driver's side window. Lexus states that there is no fix. New buyers should carefully evaluate whether they want to spend $70,000+ for a car with noticeable and annoying wind noise.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the wind noise and get rid of the automatic parking.