Used 2007 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Disturbing Observations
By Lexus dud

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I bought this vehicle based upon build quality, style and value. I should have paid more attention to comfort and convenience. Both front seats are uncomfortable due to a support in the center of seat bottom which I did not notice during my test drive. As I drive 35,000 miles a year new destinations are common place. The guidance system limits programming to voice commands once the vehicle is in motion though the system can be programmed via voice instruction this to limit distraction to the driver. However, the voice recognition system leaves much to be desired. The reality is there are enough selections on the display screen to make this idea laughable. Let the driver drive!

Sound system is great as is the climate control.

Allow full use of touch screen at all times. Redesign front seats.

LS 460L The Best Among the Best
By Don from So. Calif.

2007 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

A luxurious/top quality driving machine that surpasses Mercedes and BMW easily. I had a 2006 S500, and 2007 S550. They don't compare in quality to this car and the Lexus costs less! All the special features spoil you: easy to use navigation, park assist, superb ride, quietness inside, ability to change driving mode to either Normal/Comfort/Sport. Wow, that makes it so fun.

I have read about Lexus for years, but I finally tried one and I am pleased to tell you, all those good things you read and hear are true. The luxurious interior will spoil you in the best way. The air conditioning/climate control is the best I have ever used, and it even has a great filtration.

More style to the body design and better looking wheels. An "M" model like BMW, or, an "AMG" model like Mercedes would be a great addition, and loads of fun. Please add front passenger memory seating - hey, it is an upscale auto. A panorama roof like Mercedes would add a lot of fun to the car.

Great car, with small defects
By Astie

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my third LS (previously had 1990 and 1998 models). I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand I love the vehicle's safety features, the interior, the gadgets and the acceleration. On the other hand the vehicle came with several problems - wind noise, hesitation at start, wing mirrors that did not unfold when they should, and locks that did not automatically lock when they should. All these issues have been resolved, but they left me concerned. There's too much road noise - the tires need to be upgraded to Michelin SP2 or equivalent. The engine sounds a little rough when accelerating.

Sound system is awesome, lots of gadgets, bluetooth works well with phone.

The navigation system is disabled when the vehicle is moving - there should be an override if the passenger seat is occupied. There should be more ways to get music onto the built-in hard disk, such as from an iPod or Audio-DVD. engine sounds rough and intrusive compared to my 1998 LS.

Lexus loyalty saved me
By Cobber1

2007 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

We are a Lexus family with currently an LX and a GS. We were ready to add a large sedan and spent an ample amount of time driving the BMW 745LI, Mercedes S550 and of course the LS 460L. Although the S550 is an extremely nice auto, I'm very pleased to have saved $15k-$20k and stayed with Lexus. This is by far the nicest automobile I have been in and is an absolute pleasure to drive. I thought the LX wouldn't never be replaced as my favorite auto, but neither it nor the GS has been out of the garage since the LS came home. Forget about the negative auto park reviews, that's not why you buy this Lexus.

Power, technology, ride, quality, features, friends love the back seat, 8 speed tranny, just about everything about it.

The passenger seat is just not as comfortable as the driver's. The bottom seat cushion should adjust to give more support under your legs, like the drivers seat. When you're tall, you notice things like this.

Just a bit better than outstanding!!
By J C Falter

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I have never driven a nicer car in my life time. It is so perfect, I don't know how they can keep up with the production of such a fine automobile. Everything about the car is quality. I don't know what they could do to make it any better, that is why I say that it is a little bit better than outstanding.

Fun driving, quality, comfort.

None.