2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:
Nav lockout a big thumbs down
By Greg Bastug on 09/04/07 10:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I've owned the car for a month and a half now, and the Lexus lockout of much of the navigation, phone, and even audio functions while the car is in motion is a major issue - had Lexus been honest and forthright about this in their sales literature and through their dealership, I would have not purchased the vehicle. Overall, the car rides nice, but a bit insulated. My previous car, a 2006 750li, handles better, provides better tactile road feel, has far more comfortable and adjustable seats, and, with its active suspensions, corners mush better than the LS. I do like the exterior styling of the LS better

Disturbing Observations
By Lexus dud on 08/24/07 20:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I bought this vehicle based upon build quality, style and value. I should have paid more attention to comfort and convenience. Both front seats are uncomfortable due to a support in the center of seat bottom which I did not notice during my test drive. As I drive 35,000 miles a year new destinations are common place. The guidance system limits programming to voice commands once the vehicle is in motion though the system can be programmed via voice instruction this to limit distraction to the driver. However, the voice recognition system leaves much to be desired. The reality is there are enough selections on the display screen to make this idea laughable. Let the driver drive!

LS 460L The Best Among the Best
By Don from So. Calif. on 08/14/07 21:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

A luxurious/top quality driving machine that surpasses Mercedes and BMW easily. I had a 2006 S500, and 2007 S550. They don't compare in quality to this car and the Lexus costs less! All the special features spoil you: easy to use navigation, park assist, superb ride, quietness inside, ability to change driving mode to either Normal/Comfort/Sport. Wow, that makes it so fun.

Great car, with small defects
By Astie on 08/08/07 09:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my third LS (previously had 1990 and 1998 models). I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand I love the vehicle's safety features, the interior, the gadgets and the acceleration. On the other hand the vehicle came with several problems - wind noise, hesitation at start, wing mirrors that did not unfold when they should, and locks that did not automatically lock when they should. All these issues have been resolved, but they left me concerned. There's too much road noise - the tires need to be upgraded to Michelin SP2 or equivalent. The engine sounds a little rough when accelerating.

Lexus loyalty saved me
By Cobber1 on 08/08/07 08:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

We are a Lexus family with currently an LX and a GS. We were ready to add a large sedan and spent an ample amount of time driving the BMW 745LI, Mercedes S550 and of course the LS 460L. Although the S550 is an extremely nice auto, I'm very pleased to have saved $15k-$20k and stayed with Lexus. This is by far the nicest automobile I have been in and is an absolute pleasure to drive. I thought the LX wouldn't never be replaced as my favorite auto, but neither it nor the GS has been out of the garage since the LS came home. Forget about the negative auto park reviews, that's not why you buy this Lexus.

Just a bit better than outstanding!!
By J C Falter on 08/02/07 08:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I have never driven a nicer car in my life time. It is so perfect, I don't know how they can keep up with the production of such a fine automobile. Everything about the car is quality. I don't know what they could do to make it any better, that is why I say that it is a little bit better than outstanding.

Cross country experience
By Tom N on 08/02/07 05:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I drove my LS 460L on two long trips, one 1,200 miles, the other 4,300 miles. The car was flawless. Using radar cruise, MPG was as high as 30.1 and no lower than 26.7 in a very strong headwind. With a 22.2 gallon tank, the range is terrific and after driving long stretches there was very little driver fatigue. This is my fourth Lexus and the only car of the four that was perfect right off the lot. Having recently owned competitorís cars, I think this is the very best value on the market today. I drove the LS 460L, Mercedes 550, and BMW 750 back to back. When driving each car I couldnít find enough of a driver experiene difference so my decision came down to features and the Lexus won.

My latest LS 460L
By Michael O'Brien on 07/15/07 05:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Once again Lexus exceeds the offerings from German manufacturers. After the numerous problems I have had with German cars it is comforting to have a car which is so smooth, well built and reliable. It would have been nice if the exterior design was a little more exciting, but I suppose at this level, cars need to be more sophisticated than fashionable. I wish I had spent more time with the dealer at the time of purchase so he could talk me through the numerous features. He did offer to demonstrate everything but I thought I would work it all out myself - wrong! The instruction book is a little complicated to follow, with so many features and variations within the model range.

Lexus LS4 60 after a month of ownership
By alex k on 07/13/07 20:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I guess it is needless to mention all the technological marvels that have been included in this vehicle. The 380 HP power plant paired with an 8 speed automatic transmission deliver the most pleasant, luxury ride. The car comes pre-packaged in 4-5 trims. Unfortunately I could not get a laser-guided cruise control with pre-collision system, since it is only offered on the top of the line LS460 L. I could not buy the longer version due to length limitation of my garage, and the above feature is not normally installed on lower end models. Of course one could configure any combination of features, but that is subject for a long wait, since vehicle has to be special ordered in this case.

Wind Noise Problem
By Leza2279 on 07/11/07 18:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The LS4 60 has a manufacturing defect that allows a very noticeable wind noise that emanates from the driver's side window. Lexus states that there is no fix. New buyers should carefully evaluate whether they want to spend $70,000+ for a car with noticeable and annoying wind noise.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.