Used 2007 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus Ls-460 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus LS 460

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Wind noise ruins the Lexus experience
By AP

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is a good reliable car with some nice bells and whistles but I would never call it a Premier Luxury car. It is one of the noisest cars I have ever owned and with its price tag and rave reviews about how quiet the car is I expected a lot more. The wind noise is terrible. It sounds like the window is cracked when driving at 55 or greater. Lexus insulated the roof posts and replaced side windows with insulated glass but it helped very little. Very annoying and it makes me cringe when I think about what I paid for it. Also an annoying rattle the dealer is trying to correct with little luck so far. Also very expensive to maintain. $200.00 for an oil change and tire rotation.

Favorite Features

Radar cruise control is best feature if you do a lot of highway driving. Hold feature that keeps you from drifting back on hill is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Design to be much more quiet. Road noise is almost as frustrating as wind noise. Use of nav system is too limited while driving.

Unresolved wind noise
By Jerry S

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my fifth Lexus LS. I enjoyed my 2001 LS 430 more than this one based on what appears to be an unresolvable wind noise. The car had the "fix" and although the noise is not as harsh, it is still very noticeable in certain wind conditions or speeds. Also notice what I would call a ticking from the engine at idle and was told that it is normal for this car. My 2001 was much quieter and more comfortable as I also find the front seats to be less than perfect as it applies to being comfortable. Still would consider owning another Lexus but intend to see what Lexus does about truly fixing this problem. Not happy about spending this kind of money and still hearing wind noise.

Favorite Features

The sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Louder turn signal sound, bring back the LS 430 front seats.

Wind noise not fixed
By Wind Noise

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The wind noise is still very excessive on the passenger side after Lexus installed the fix for the issue (November 2007). 10 out of 10 passengers in my car thinks the windows are not closed tightly. The wind noise is not acceptable to me for such an expensive car. This car is supposed to be quiet. Lexus still claims that. My experience with this car and Lexus customer service has been big dissapointment to me.

Favorite Features

Interior design is nice compared to all other vehicles.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the wind noise problem.

Second Lexus
By Don

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Still have my 2001 LS 430, just had to have the LS 460, great power, good gas mileage. I don't understand people complaining about the seats, I love them. My 430 has the electronic speed control, it's a pain on the interstate, so didn't get it on the 460.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth. Sound system. The power. Gas mileage. Comfort. Ride.

Suggested Improvements

The nav system doesn't understand half what I say, They need to activate ALL the touch screen features while in gear so the passenger can use it. They need to make the manual at least small enough to fit the glove box I miss the rear passenger window shades they need to offer them on the standard

Wind Noise
By RBJ

2007 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The car is almost perfect except for wind noise. For $85,000 this really bugs me and Lexus has not got a cure as of Feb 2008. Can you believe that? Very disappointed owner.

Favorite Features

Ride and handling are excellent for a luxury automobile. Comfort is a 10.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the wind noise.