Used 2007 Lexus LS 460 L Sedan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Long way to become best car ever own
By Steve

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Bought used 54000 miles on.test drive seems very nice car.right after test drove I decided to buy.few days after I noticed wind noise coming from side windows I check owners forum quite few owners got complain about it and solutions on website.followed instructions noise fix after noise is completely gone.then after few days later I start hear another noise from the front driver side floor sound like old airplane flew by mile away.check with local auto shop they said wheel baring is failed.they change driver side baring after I test drove still that noise is there next day I go right away to lexus dealer checked my car lexus dealer said passenger side front baring
Was failed and also front brakes and rotor has to be replace.cost me 1700.00 to do jobs.3 days later I went to dealer pick up my car.omg.car runs like brand new I can't hear any noise what so ever. Me and my wife take a ride on highway this car is amazing.you feel like cruise not like driving. Very comfortable and quiet.it is already 8 years old car but still this is one of the best car I ever owned.ps..lexus gave me loaners car for 2015 es350.trust me.ls460 is way far better no comparison.2007 ls460 the best car ever.

Great Car But Beware of GPS
By jpm

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I love the car, which overall is bulletproof in terms of reliability. The GPS system, however, is as non-intuitive as you could get without showing instructions in a foreign language, and the directions are terrible, taking you on all sorts of wild goose chases. My wife's GX 470 has the same problems. Why Lexus cannot come up with a decent GPS system is beyond comprehension.

Wind noise
By newls460owner

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Purchased a 2007 LS460L last week with 13,000 miles. Bought it online from out of town dealer. My first Lexus. Beautiful in most all aspects except for noticeable wind noise at highway speeds. For a car company with Lexus' reputation, I found this disturbing. The local dealership was very aware of the problem, replaced both front windows and "reseated" the rear view mirrors. Now I hear wind noise only when I drive at 100+ mph. Seriously. (Yes, I know I shouldn't drive that fast, but how do you otherwise pass someone who's only doing 85?) In any event, the problem was solved, I am very pleased and cannot keep the smile off my face when behind the wheel of this luxurious beauty.

Electronics and ergonomics. Controls make sense and are intuitive. The extra legroom in the back of the "L" makes people feel like they are being chauffered.

Design. Would like to see something more distinctive. The view is better from the rear than from the front, not unlike some people I know. It's not something you notice when you're behind the wheel, but my mother could have done better.

Wind Noise
By RBJ

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The car is almost perfect except for wind noise. For $85,000 this really bugs me and Lexus has not got a cure as of Feb 2008. Can you believe that? Very disappointed owner.

Ride and handling are excellent for a luxury automobile. Comfort is a 10.

Fix the wind noise.

Ultimate Luxury
By astrotoy

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my 2nd LS. My 1991 LS 400 lasted 16 years/350K miles. My 460L Exec Class has 4 seats, including the recliner with ottoman and massage. It also came with the nav system, Mark Levinson sound, DVD drop down screen. My brother-in-law was in the recliner watching a movie through the wireless headset and getting a Shiatsu massage, said I needed to have a chauffeur's hat. Many more electronic controls than my old LS, but they are laid out in a simple way and pretty intuitive, though reading the encyclopedic manual is very useful. Wind noise issue seems solved for the later built cars (mine was built in 7/07), but test drive the car you are buying.

Parking assistance (it shows you when you are getting close to another object) both visually and aurally. Radar cruise control which slows you down if you get too close to the car in front (adjustable for distance).

Nav system and many audio selections can only be made when the car is stopped.