2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:
Great Car But Beware of GPS
By jpm on 11/09/09 12:23 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I love the car, which overall is bulletproof in terms of reliability. The GPS system, however, is as non-intuitive as you could get without showing instructions in a foreign language, and the directions are terrible, taking you on all sorts of wild goose chases. My wife's GX 470 has the same problems. Why Lexus cannot come up with a decent GPS system is beyond comprehension.

Wind noise
By newls460owner on 06/06/08 12:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Purchased a 2007 LS460L last week with 13,000 miles. Bought it online from out of town dealer. My first Lexus. Beautiful in most all aspects except for noticeable wind noise at highway speeds. For a car company with Lexus' reputation, I found this disturbing. The local dealership was very aware of the problem, replaced both front windows and "reseated" the rear view mirrors. Now I hear wind noise only when I drive at 100+ mph. Seriously. (Yes, I know I shouldn't drive that fast, but how do you otherwise pass someone who's only doing 85?) In any event, the problem was solved, I am very pleased and cannot keep the smile off my face when behind the wheel of this luxurious beauty.

Wind Noise
By RBJ on 02/29/08 04:17 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The car is almost perfect except for wind noise. For $85,000 this really bugs me and Lexus has not got a cure as of Feb 2008. Can you believe that? Very disappointed owner.

Ultimate Luxury
By astrotoy on 11/01/07 10:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my 2nd LS. My 1991 LS 400 lasted 16 years/350K miles. My 460L Exec Class has 4 seats, including the recliner with ottoman and massage. It also came with the nav system, Mark Levinson sound, DVD drop down screen. My brother-in-law was in the recliner watching a movie through the wireless headset and getting a Shiatsu massage, said I needed to have a chauffeur's hat. Many more electronic controls than my old LS, but they are laid out in a simple way and pretty intuitive, though reading the encyclopedic manual is very useful. Wind noise issue seems solved for the later built cars (mine was built in 7/07), but test drive the car you are buying.

LS 460L The Best Among the Best
By Don from So. Calif. on 08/14/07 21:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

A luxurious/top quality driving machine that surpasses Mercedes and BMW easily. I had a 2006 S500, and 2007 S550. They don't compare in quality to this car and the Lexus costs less! All the special features spoil you: easy to use navigation, park assist, superb ride, quietness inside, ability to change driving mode to either Normal/Comfort/Sport. Wow, that makes it so fun.

Lexus loyalty saved me
By Cobber1 on 08/08/07 08:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

We are a Lexus family with currently an LX and a GS. We were ready to add a large sedan and spent an ample amount of time driving the BMW 745LI, Mercedes S550 and of course the LS 460L. Although the S550 is an extremely nice auto, I'm very pleased to have saved $15k-$20k and stayed with Lexus. This is by far the nicest automobile I have been in and is an absolute pleasure to drive. I thought the LX wouldn't never be replaced as my favorite auto, but neither it nor the GS has been out of the garage since the LS came home. Forget about the negative auto park reviews, that's not why you buy this Lexus.

Cross country experience
By Tom N on 08/02/07 05:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I drove my LS 460L on two long trips, one 1,200 miles, the other 4,300 miles. The car was flawless. Using radar cruise, MPG was as high as 30.1 and no lower than 26.7 in a very strong headwind. With a 22.2 gallon tank, the range is terrific and after driving long stretches there was very little driver fatigue. This is my fourth Lexus and the only car of the four that was perfect right off the lot. Having recently owned competitor’s cars, I think this is the very best value on the market today. I drove the LS 460L, Mercedes 550, and BMW 750 back to back. When driving each car I couldn’t find enough of a driver experiene difference so my decision came down to features and the Lexus won.

My latest LS 460L
By Michael O'Brien on 07/15/07 05:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Once again Lexus exceeds the offerings from German manufacturers. After the numerous problems I have had with German cars it is comforting to have a car which is so smooth, well built and reliable. It would have been nice if the exterior design was a little more exciting, but I suppose at this level, cars need to be more sophisticated than fashionable. I wish I had spent more time with the dealer at the time of purchase so he could talk me through the numerous features. He did offer to demonstrate everything but I thought I would work it all out myself - wrong! The instruction book is a little complicated to follow, with so many features and variations within the model range.

Wind noise
By todd on 06/18/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Have had the car 2 months and in the shop twice for very loud wind noise from both front windows. After last "fix" by dealer, noise still a bad problem. Called to complain and they said there is no other fix they can try. I find this unacceptable on an automobile at this price level. Knew I should have stuck with Mercedes.

LS 460L
By Dan on 04/14/07 13:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Exceptional quality again. As always, Lexus provides the smoothest, reasonable luxury car on the market. The LS 460L finally brings a sportier look than the previous 430s. The controls remain very intuitive and significantly easier to use than my previous BMW 760Li or Mercedes CL 55. If you want a lots of back seat legroom, quiet, quiet, smooth and reliable there is nothing better. And the cost remains relatively low.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.