Used 2007 Lexus LS 460 L Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Great Car But Beware of GPS
By jpm

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I love the car, which overall is bulletproof in terms of reliability. The GPS system, however, is as non-intuitive as you could get without showing instructions in a foreign language, and the directions are terrible, taking you on all sorts of wild goose chases. My wife's GX 470 has the same problems. Why Lexus cannot come up with a decent GPS system is beyond comprehension.

Wind noise
By newls460owner

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Purchased a 2007 LS460L last week with 13,000 miles. Bought it online from out of town dealer. My first Lexus. Beautiful in most all aspects except for noticeable wind noise at highway speeds. For a car company with Lexus' reputation, I found this disturbing. The local dealership was very aware of the problem, replaced both front windows and "reseated" the rear view mirrors. Now I hear wind noise only when I drive at 100+ mph. Seriously. (Yes, I know I shouldn't drive that fast, but how do you otherwise pass someone who's only doing 85?) In any event, the problem was solved, I am very pleased and cannot keep the smile off my face when behind the wheel of this luxurious beauty.

Favorite Features

Electronics and ergonomics. Controls make sense and are intuitive. The extra legroom in the back of the "L" makes people feel like they are being chauffered.

Suggested Improvements

Design. Would like to see something more distinctive. The view is better from the rear than from the front, not unlike some people I know. It's not something you notice when you're behind the wheel, but my mother could have done better.

Wind Noise
By RBJ

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The car is almost perfect except for wind noise. For $85,000 this really bugs me and Lexus has not got a cure as of Feb 2008. Can you believe that? Very disappointed owner.

Favorite Features

Ride and handling are excellent for a luxury automobile. Comfort is a 10.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the wind noise.

Ultimate Luxury
By astrotoy

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my 2nd LS. My 1991 LS 400 lasted 16 years/350K miles. My 460L Exec Class has 4 seats, including the recliner with ottoman and massage. It also came with the nav system, Mark Levinson sound, DVD drop down screen. My brother-in-law was in the recliner watching a movie through the wireless headset and getting a Shiatsu massage, said I needed to have a chauffeur's hat. Many more electronic controls than my old LS, but they are laid out in a simple way and pretty intuitive, though reading the encyclopedic manual is very useful. Wind noise issue seems solved for the later built cars (mine was built in 7/07), but test drive the car you are buying.

Favorite Features

Parking assistance (it shows you when you are getting close to another object) both visually and aurally. Radar cruise control which slows you down if you get too close to the car in front (adjustable for distance).

Suggested Improvements

Nav system and many audio selections can only be made when the car is stopped.

LS 460L The Best Among the Best
By Don from So. Calif.

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

A luxurious/top quality driving machine that surpasses Mercedes and BMW easily. I had a 2006 S500, and 2007 S550. They don't compare in quality to this car and the Lexus costs less! All the special features spoil you: easy to use navigation, park assist, superb ride, quietness inside, ability to change driving mode to either Normal/Comfort/Sport. Wow, that makes it so fun.

Favorite Features

I have read about Lexus for years, but I finally tried one and I am pleased to tell you, all those good things you read and hear are true. The luxurious interior will spoil you in the best way. The air conditioning/climate control is the best I have ever used, and it even has a great filtration.

Suggested Improvements

More style to the body design and better looking wheels. An "M" model like BMW, or, an "AMG" model like Mercedes would be a great addition, and loads of fun. Please add front passenger memory seating - hey, it is an upscale auto. A panorama roof like Mercedes would add a lot of fun to the car.