Used 2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Great car!
By Aleksandar Vidojevic

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Long way to become best car ever own
By Steve

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Bought used 54000 miles on.test drive seems very nice car.right after test drove I decided to buy.few days after I noticed wind noise coming from side windows I check owners forum quite few owners got complain about it and solutions on website.followed instructions noise fix after noise is completely gone.then after few days later I start hear another noise from the front driver side floor sound like old airplane flew by mile away.check with local auto shop they said wheel baring is failed.they change driver side baring after I test drove still that noise is there next day I go right away to lexus dealer checked my car lexus dealer said passenger side front baring Was failed and also front brakes and rotor has to be replace.cost me 1700.00 to do jobs.3 days later I went to dealer pick up my car.omg.car runs like brand new I can't hear any noise what so ever. Me and my wife take a ride on highway this car is amazing.you feel like cruise not like driving. Very comfortable and quiet.it is already 8 years old car but still this is one of the best car I ever owned.ps..lexus gave me loaners car for 2015 es350.trust me.ls460 is way far better no comparison.2007 ls460 the best car ever.

Best handled LS but poorer in quality
By Guide

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The overall technology features added on this vehicle enhanced comfortableness, drive-ability, handling, performance, and fuel efficient over the previous LS generations. However, craftsmanship over some area have shown degraded quality controls, i.e.interior parts show symptoms of early wears and tears. Wind noise continued to exist even after replacement of front double layers glasses. This is a disappointment for a luxury at this level. NAV system voice activation is terrible; unable to recognize 50% of commands given. Glove compartment door is already falling apart at 30K miles. Bottom line is it's a great luxury ride with some angrily imperfections.

Powerful engine. 8 Speeds transmission. Excellent sound system. softer more precise ride compared to LS 430. Friendly electronic controls. XM radio and traffic assistance. Reliability.

Poor plastic based parts. Wind noise. Voice Activation is a joke.

Not just another luxery car.
By DJE1981

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Since 1995 I have owned 6 Audi A6s and one 89 Mercedes. Loved the Mercedes but when it reached 360,000 miles we figured it was time for a new car. Mercedes new look just didn't seem to appeal to us, and we knew we were over Audi. Awesome cars, when under warranty (the reason we owned 6) When we saw the Lexus 460 it was instantly our favorite car we've ever owned. My wife is a terrible driver/parker but now I can trust her with it because it literally parks itself. She loves it, and I love not repairing ding marks. I will never sell this Lexus, which surprised myself because I am not a Toyota fan at all. I'll tell you one thing, when our audi's warranty is up, we're buying another Lexus.

Park Assist, easy to use navigation, extremely comfortable seats.

Can't think of anything. Has everything I've wanted in my other cars.

47,500 Miles Problem Free So Far
By Sherelle

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I've had my car since Nov 06. The only thing I've had to replace are the tires @ 45k miles and a $7 battery for my key fob. I'm planning to take the car in for the wind noise, rattling and hesitation before my warranty expires. Service on the car is expensive, but that's to be expected. Oil changes are just under $80, 45k service is $240, 50k is $320 and 90k is $1,160 (DC area). If this car last me 20 years it will be well worth the $70+ it cost. My 1996 ES is still running after 216k miles. I love this car so I hope it continues to meet my expectations.

Styling and reliability were most important. The Hard drive is really nice. I also like the fact that you cannot lock your keys in the car nor trunk. No lock outs...just don't lose the key because that will cost you about $355.

NAV override; better voice activation; make the back seat a little more comfortable, especially the middle seat. DVD player in back in the standard model would've been nice.

• SUV