2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:
Best handled LS but poorer in quality
By Guide on 05/26/10 16:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The overall technology features added on this vehicle enhanced comfortableness, drive-ability, handling, performance, and fuel efficient over the previous LS generations. However, craftsmanship over some area have shown degraded quality controls, i.e.interior parts show symptoms of early wears and tears. Wind noise continued to exist even after replacement of front double layers glasses. This is a disappointment for a luxury at this level. NAV system voice activation is terrible; unable to recognize 50% of commands given. Glove compartment door is already falling apart at 30K miles. Bottom line is it's a great luxury ride with some angrily imperfections.

Not just another luxery car.
By DJE1981 on 02/22/10 00:39 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Since 1995 I have owned 6 Audi A6s and one 89 Mercedes. Loved the Mercedes but when it reached 360,000 miles we figured it was time for a new car. Mercedes new look just didn't seem to appeal to us, and we knew we were over Audi. Awesome cars, when under warranty (the reason we owned 6) When we saw the Lexus 460 it was instantly our favorite car we've ever owned. My wife is a terrible driver/parker but now I can trust her with it because it literally parks itself. She loves it, and I love not repairing ding marks. I will never sell this Lexus, which surprised myself because I am not a Toyota fan at all. I'll tell you one thing, when our audi's warranty is up, we're buying another Lexus.

47,500 Miles Problem Free So Far
By Sherelle on 01/28/10 17:13 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I've had my car since Nov 06. The only thing I've had to replace are the tires @ 45k miles and a $7 battery for my key fob. I'm planning to take the car in for the wind noise, rattling and hesitation before my warranty expires. Service on the car is expensive, but that's to be expected. Oil changes are just under $80, 45k service is $240, 50k is $320 and 90k is $1,160 (DC area). If this car last me 20 years it will be well worth the $70+ it cost. My 1996 ES is still running after 216k miles. I love this car so I hope it continues to meet my expectations.

Great Car But Beware of GPS
By jpm on 11/09/09 12:23 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I love the car, which overall is bulletproof in terms of reliability. The GPS system, however, is as non-intuitive as you could get without showing instructions in a foreign language, and the directions are terrible, taking you on all sorts of wild goose chases. My wife's GX 470 has the same problems. Why Lexus cannot come up with a decent GPS system is beyond comprehension.

Mostly better, but interior brain burps!
By archiefriend on 10/22/09 17:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Mostly better than LS430. Most important, much stiffer spring rates allow still supple ride, but much better roll resistance, and much less lean in turns. Bridgestone Turanzas give vastly superior dry and wet handling. Engine much more powerful and responsive. Interior ergonomics disappointing. Placement of gear shifter much too close to dash, requiring awkward access to buttons for AM/Sat, FM, and CD. Why does the car over-ride selected air-recirculation when in reverse, allowing exhaust gas to enter cabin?

NAV system terrible
By paul m on 09/20/09 06:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

In Canada, do not waste your money on Nav system. I live in Toronto and have had no end of troubles. Canada is an after-thought and even Lexus Canada will admit that the Nav system is woefully inaccurate and incomplete. Often advised that "house number does not exist". Entire towns in the Maritimes do not exist (St. Andrews, NB). Rely on this system and you will get lost and stay lost. In Quebec you better know the french names. System frequently sends me down blind alleys and blocked streets in Toronto. Lexus says sorry but read fine print, NICE service, eh!

THE BEST YET
By alandgrace on 08/01/09 12:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I have owned 39 cars in the past 50 years including 1981 Imperial, 1977 New Yorker, 1962 Thunderbird,2002 Infiniti Q-45, 2006 Infiniti M, 2006 Lexus LS430, and this is the best yet. It outperforms the Q-45, handles better than the LS430, and is just as quiet as the LS430. The Nobel Spinael Mica is the most beautiful color I have ever owned. We drive 2500 miles to CA to visit the children and driving 600 miles a day in 4 days is a breeze. The gas mileage for a 380 HP engine is incredible. In our last trip to CA, we averaged 29 MPG. I have gotten as high as 31 MPG on a 500 mile round trip. No car is perfect, but this one is as close as I have ever owned.

Wind noise unacceptable, comfort disapp
By Bob M on 08/09/08 21:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I owned a 2002 LS430. This car is not as comfortable and the wind noise is totally unacceptable. The dealer has installed the factory recommended fix, but my wife does not like to ride in the car because the wind noise is so bad. The LS430 was so comfortable and quiet that I made the mistake of not road testing the LS460 extensively. My assumption was that it would be improved. That was a BIG mistake. In contrast to the LS430, the LS460's seats are very uncomfortable after a couple of hours on the road. If the factory does not come up with a fix for the wind noise, this will be the last Lexus that I purchase.

Wind noise
By newls460owner on 06/06/08 12:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Purchased a 2007 LS460L last week with 13,000 miles. Bought it online from out of town dealer. My first Lexus. Beautiful in most all aspects except for noticeable wind noise at highway speeds. For a car company with Lexus' reputation, I found this disturbing. The local dealership was very aware of the problem, replaced both front windows and "reseated" the rear view mirrors. Now I hear wind noise only when I drive at 100+ mph. Seriously. (Yes, I know I shouldn't drive that fast, but how do you otherwise pass someone who's only doing 85?) In any event, the problem was solved, I am very pleased and cannot keep the smile off my face when behind the wheel of this luxurious beauty.

Some design flaws
By oldgolfer on 05/22/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I have owned 5 Lexus. 1st was 1990. The best was last model of the 430. The new model has the following flaws, 1) Seat comfort is not the same as previous. 2) The rear view window is not large enough an one suffers from not having the same visibility as previous models. 3) The trunk is smaller due to the larger indented wheel wells that result in loss of space. 4) The design doesn't say, distinctive or luxury... instead it says, "this is a pregnant Camry."

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.