Used 2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Looks good but has issues
By Shay

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

My 07 LS460 has been problematic since I purchased it. The Lexus dealership told me that this particular model has issues such as starter replacement $800.00, ABS failure $3,000.00 and eventually water pump replacement. I have experienced all these problems except the water pump issue THANK GOD, but I did have to replace the radiator $450.00. Now I'm having a problem with accelerating. I looked up the various consumer complaints and we all had the same issues. When I'm riding the car will all of a sudden slow down and I'm unable to accelerate. I have to pull over stop the car and let it sit for awhile, it then will crack up and drive fine. This is crazy!!!!!! I'm not sure exactly what the issue is but I have made an appointment with the Lexus dealer. Beautiful car but too many issues!

What an excellent call never feel me
By Tone Lee

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Very good car best I have ever own never let me down.

Great car!
By Aleksandar Vidojevic

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Long way to become best car ever own
By Steve

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Bought used 54000 miles on.test drive seems very nice car.right after test drove I decided to buy.few days after I noticed wind noise coming from side windows I check owners forum quite few owners got complain about it and solutions on website.followed instructions noise fix after noise is completely gone.then after few days later I start hear another noise from the front driver side floor sound like old airplane flew by mile away.check with local auto shop they said wheel baring is failed.they change driver side baring after I test drove still that noise is there next day I go right away to lexus dealer checked my car lexus dealer said passenger side front baring
Was failed and also front brakes and rotor has to be replace.cost me 1700.00 to do jobs.3 days later I went to dealer pick up my car.omg.car runs like brand new I can't hear any noise what so ever. Me and my wife take a ride on highway this car is amazing.you feel like cruise not like driving. Very comfortable and quiet.it is already 8 years old car but still this is one of the best car I ever owned.ps..lexus gave me loaners car for 2015 es350.trust me.ls460 is way far better no comparison.2007 ls460 the best car ever.

Best handled LS but poorer in quality
By Guide

2007 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The overall technology features added on this vehicle enhanced comfortableness, drive-ability, handling, performance, and fuel efficient over the previous LS generations. However, craftsmanship over some area have shown degraded quality controls, i.e.interior parts show symptoms of early wears and tears. Wind noise continued to exist even after replacement of front double layers glasses. This is a disappointment for a luxury at this level. NAV system voice activation is terrible; unable to recognize 50% of commands given. Glove compartment door is already falling apart at 30K miles. Bottom line is it's a great luxury ride with some angrily imperfections.

Powerful engine. 8 Speeds transmission. Excellent sound system. softer more precise ride compared to LS 430. Friendly electronic controls. XM radio and traffic assistance. Reliability.

Poor plastic based parts. Wind noise. Voice Activation is a joke.