Used 2007 Lexus LS 460 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus Ls-460 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Best handled LS but poorer in quality
By Guide

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The overall technology features added on this vehicle enhanced comfortableness, drive-ability, handling, performance, and fuel efficient over the previous LS generations. However, craftsmanship over some area have shown degraded quality controls, i.e.interior parts show symptoms of early wears and tears. Wind noise continued to exist even after replacement of front double layers glasses. This is a disappointment for a luxury at this level. NAV system voice activation is terrible; unable to recognize 50% of commands given. Glove compartment door is already falling apart at 30K miles. Bottom line is it's a great luxury ride with some angrily imperfections.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine. 8 Speeds transmission. Excellent sound system. softer more precise ride compared to LS 430. Friendly electronic controls. XM radio and traffic assistance. Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Poor plastic based parts. Wind noise. Voice Activation is a joke.

Not just another luxery car.
By DJE1981

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Since 1995 I have owned 6 Audi A6s and one 89 Mercedes. Loved the Mercedes but when it reached 360,000 miles we figured it was time for a new car. Mercedes new look just didn't seem to appeal to us, and we knew we were over Audi. Awesome cars, when under warranty (the reason we owned 6) When we saw the Lexus 460 it was instantly our favorite car we've ever owned. My wife is a terrible driver/parker but now I can trust her with it because it literally parks itself. She loves it, and I love not repairing ding marks. I will never sell this Lexus, which surprised myself because I am not a Toyota fan at all. I'll tell you one thing, when our audi's warranty is up, we're buying another Lexus.

Favorite Features

Park Assist, easy to use navigation, extremely comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything. Has everything I've wanted in my other cars.

47,500 Miles Problem Free So Far
By Sherelle

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I've had my car since Nov 06. The only thing I've had to replace are the tires @ 45k miles and a $7 battery for my key fob. I'm planning to take the car in for the wind noise, rattling and hesitation before my warranty expires. Service on the car is expensive, but that's to be expected. Oil changes are just under $80, 45k service is $240, 50k is $320 and 90k is $1,160 (DC area). If this car last me 20 years it will be well worth the $70+ it cost. My 1996 ES is still running after 216k miles. I love this car so I hope it continues to meet my expectations.

Favorite Features

Styling and reliability were most important. The Hard drive is really nice. I also like the fact that you cannot lock your keys in the car nor trunk. No lock outs...just don't lose the key because that will cost you about $355.

Suggested Improvements

NAV override; better voice activation; make the back seat a little more comfortable, especially the middle seat. DVD player in back in the standard model would've been nice.

Mostly better, but interior brain burps!
By archiefriend

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Mostly better than LS430. Most important, much stiffer spring rates allow still supple ride, but much better roll resistance, and much less lean in turns. Bridgestone Turanzas give vastly superior dry and wet handling. Engine much more powerful and responsive. Interior ergonomics disappointing. Placement of gear shifter much too close to dash, requiring awkward access to buttons for AM/Sat, FM, and CD. Why does the car over-ride selected air-recirculation when in reverse, allowing exhaust gas to enter cabin?

Favorite Features

Ride very smooth. Engine very responsive. Holds road much better than LS430; can take turns 10-20 mph faster. Wet weather traction and resistance to hydroplaning vastly better.

Suggested Improvements

Can't delete satellite bands; need to toggle 3 extra times to get AM, which shares the same button. Allow stereo to remain on after turning off engine; currently requires pressing "On/Off" button twice and waiting several seconds to get sound. Gear shifter too close to dash; hard to push buttons.

NAV system terrible
By paul m

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

In Canada, do not waste your money on Nav system. I live in Toronto and have had no end of troubles. Canada is an after-thought and even Lexus Canada will admit that the Nav system is woefully inaccurate and incomplete. Often advised that "house number does not exist". Entire towns in the Maritimes do not exist (St. Andrews, NB). Rely on this system and you will get lost and stay lost. In Quebec you better know the french names. System frequently sends me down blind alleys and blocked streets in Toronto. Lexus says sorry but read fine print, NICE service, eh!