Simply great
By Jim T on
2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)
I have owned quite a few cars, about 19, including a couple of Q45's and BMW 741iL and this one takes the title. The BMW was junk, the infiniti's nice but not at this level. Only drawbacks, are drivers seat is so-so and has a cassette deck ( which I knew when I bought, no mp3) and the nav system is outdated, even for an 06. Otherwise, wow, what a ride and problem free for the past 23,000 miles having bought this new. It really does live up to its reputation, fun to drive, good performance when you step on it, and smooth as silk. Even my teenage daughters want to drive it, so the kewl factor survives, once you get into it.
Favorite Features
Sound system is great, AC works like a dream and tons of room. A great touring car, quite, comfortable and surprisingly good mpg on hwy on cruise, can get 24 mpg, sometimes 25, around town avg about 18 day to day.
Suggested Improvements
The cassette has to go, for an 06 that is embarrassing, needs and MP3, and the nav system looks horrible, had an 06 300c that was twice that system, expected more from Lexus on that. The voice activation I still have not figured out and the salesman gave up on it, so don't hold your breath.