2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )
A Superb Car
By John on 08/15/07 17:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I shopped for quite a while for a used, mint shape LS 430 and found one in Florida (a 2006) with only 5K miles and the Ultra Luxury package. It is an incredibly comfortable car which pampers everyone inside. It is a fabulous "trip car" and I enjoy the laser cruise feature on the highway. The back seat goodies on the Ultra (massaging seats, special rear AC, reclining seats, radio controls) are very popular with my passengers. Everything about this car is impressive to me and far better than any other car I've ever owned.

Not Quite A Mercedes.
By Allan on 04/03/07 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

After careful consideration between another Mercedes S-Class, an Infiniti Q45, and the LS 430, I chose Lexus. Never having owned one, and with all the hype about the brand's quality and service record, I found it to be the best choice. I was very pleased with my initial period of ownership. The performance was great for the MPG I averaged around town (compared to my 03 S500). The trade-off in power didn't disappoint. The cost of maintenance was also dramatically lower than the Benz. The vehicle has been mechanically sound so far and I credit that to Toyota's years of powertrain technology innovations. The only part that is lacking on this car is, in my opinion, a sub-par interior build quality.

Excellence & Suggestions
By Lexus LS 430 on 10/14/06 18:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The 2006 Lexus LS 430 has absolutely superb performance in a wide variety of driving situations. Recently, we drove to the top of Mt. Washington, NH. Going up the performance was excellent and even better coming down with the manual gear changes to meet the percent down-grade. Our trip of 2,400 miles averaged 28.2 MPG which is better than the manufacturer lists. This included the mountain driving in New England. Handling and sharp curves were sure and comfortable even in this non-sport’s car. The automatic climate control required only occasional single degree temperature adjustments from 80 degrees to 39 degrees at the top of Mt. Washington.

Too good to ignore
By Marti on 09/21/06 12:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

It is quiet, luxurious, excellent responsive air conditioning, love the GPS, it is very comfortable to ride in, the sound system is great. Find the radio controls on the left just below the steering wheel get "accidently' touched more often than I would like resulting in a change of the radio station.

A masterpiece
By L Dean on 09/19/06 11:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Riding and driving the LS 430 is like riding on a cloud powered by a jet! It is the most maintenance free vehicle I have ever owned.

The best 2006 auto on the market
By John Elkins on 09/13/06 14:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car is so quiet both inside and outside it is almost hard to tell when it is running or not. Very dependable. Comfortable seating front and rear. Fun to drive. Good response to power on the highway when passing.

An Old School Favorite
By greetrob on 09/06/06 21:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

So far everything works except for the expected voice activation portion of the navigation system. I purchased this car because I wanted to spend very little time dealing with repairs and fixes. I’m expecting that nothing will require fixing and the only reason I will find myself at the dealership is to change the oil. This is a rear wheel drive car, so I hope it does well in the snow.

The car drives like a dream.
By Mary Ann Timmins on 09/06/06 19:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

My last car was a Lexus LS 400.Car was 11 years old and ran perfectly. Will not own anything else. It is a quiet, comfortable and very reliable car. The car is almost maintenance free as long as you take it in for its checkups. The seats and interior are of the best quality and extremely comfortable. The sensors or parking guides are a big asset. The headlights shine 180, you are able to see the side streets at night to make a turn. You will have one of the smoothest rides you have ever had. Holds the road beautifully. The car drives itself. Will never own anything else.

Brooks review
By Stephen Brooks on 09/01/06 05:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Very impressive handling. The LS 430 surprised me with its ability to accelerate, handle curves, and gas mileage on the road. Very spacious interior, with beautiful leather seats and wood grain interior. Beautiful car.

Love that car
By jay on 07/07/06 23:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Love driving it, love the way it handles and the way it rides. The only two bad things about it is that the gas mileage is about 16 mpg all over and the voice recognition system does not work that well.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.