Used 2006 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Ls-430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )

Most Helpful|
One flaw ruins the whole car
By kwahaus

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this used last year after a ton of looking. Found what I wanted and was happy with the deal. I would rate the car a 9 or better if it weren't for one issue. The driver's seat is one the most uncomfortable I have ever had. Certainly not at all what one would expect. Dealer says nothing is wrong and is unwilling to consider a replacement seat even though it is still under warranty. Others who have driven the car, say the same thing. Unfortunately, this one issue will force me to sell the car. Looks like my 3rd Lexus may be my last.

Favorite Features

Quiet. Nice ride. Plenty of features.

Suggested Improvements

Spend a few extra dollars and color match the interior buttons to the color of the interior. They look cheap.

Headlights
By Barbara

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I find the headlights dangerous. They cast a shadow and it is difficult to see the road when the road is unlit. The dealership says they cannot be adjusted. I'm very disappointed that such an expensive car could have such a bad defect.

Favorite Features

The bluetooth is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Have a fix for the headlights.GPS is not useful. Must take my Garmin when I go to unfamiliar places.

Inadequate low beams
By lawman430

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The first time I drove my 2006 LS 430 at night, I thought I did not have my headlights properly turned on. I could not see well enough to drive over 30 mph. When I called the dealer the technition mentioned that I was the third person that week to make the same complaint so I left it for diagnosis. Result- "no problem, "everything checked out to specs." When I pushed the saftey issue, I basically got a shrug and was told that the headlight system takes a while to get used to. I got caught in a rainstorm on the interstate last night and had to slow down to 35 mph. I could not see anything but other cars were passing by with no problem. Anyone else?

Driver's Seat is Fabulously Comfortable
By John

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I think kwahaus review is way off the mark. If you can't be comfortable in the Lexus 430 driver's seat you won't be comfortable in ANY car seat! The adjustment possibilities are endless. Those seats are absolutely perfect for me and for my passengers.

Favorite Features

Comfort and reliability cannot be beaten.

Suggested Improvements

None. The interior is great.

Very nice car
By Pedro

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Vehicle was a mfg buyback w/15K miles, ultra luxury package, supposedly had no start issues but under warranty. Paid 31K & just extended my warranty thru 8/75K so I'm covered for awhile. Absolutely love this car, best I can figure previous owner didn't drive it much & left the Smart key either in or near the car and the batteries would die. Haven't had any issues in my first year except had the front windshield R&R'd due to noise at 80mph against a headwind. Will be replacing original tires soon w/odometer at just over 25K. Just a beautiful ride, happy with everything except driver seat bottom comfort - it's just not very comfortable on a long drive, needs more cushion and support.

Favorite Features

Laser cruise control. It should be available on more cars, what a great system.

Suggested Improvements

Front seat comfort, hard to believe it but I thought I was crazy until I found others with the same complaint.