Used 2006 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (40 reviews )

Driver's Seat is Fabulously Comfortable
By John

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I think kwahaus review is way off the mark. If you can't be comfortable in the Lexus 430 driver's seat you won't be comfortable in ANY car seat! The adjustment possibilities are endless. Those seats are absolutely perfect for me and for my passengers.

Comfort and reliability cannot be beaten.

None. The interior is great.

One flaw ruins the whole car
By kwahaus

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this used last year after a ton of looking. Found what I wanted and was happy with the deal. I would rate the car a 9 or better if it weren't for one issue. The driver's seat is one the most uncomfortable I have ever had. Certainly not at all what one would expect. Dealer says nothing is wrong and is unwilling to consider a replacement seat even though it is still under warranty. Others who have driven the car, say the same thing. Unfortunately, this one issue will force me to sell the car. Looks like my 3rd Lexus may be my last.

Quiet. Nice ride. Plenty of features.

Spend a few extra dollars and color match the interior buttons to the color of the interior. They look cheap.

Very nice car
By Pedro

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Vehicle was a mfg buyback w/15K miles, ultra luxury package, supposedly had no start issues but under warranty. Paid 31K & just extended my warranty thru 8/75K so I'm covered for awhile. Absolutely love this car, best I can figure previous owner didn't drive it much & left the Smart key either in or near the car and the batteries would die. Haven't had any issues in my first year except had the front windshield R&R'd due to noise at 80mph against a headwind. Will be replacing original tires soon w/odometer at just over 25K. Just a beautiful ride, happy with everything except driver seat bottom comfort - it's just not very comfortable on a long drive, needs more cushion and support.

Laser cruise control. It should be available on more cars, what a great system.

Front seat comfort, hard to believe it but I thought I was crazy until I found others with the same complaint.

Fantastic
By GK

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is amazing. The ride quality, performance characteristics, and creature comforts make this easily one of the finest automobiles ever made. Smooth acceleration, with the ability to change driving modes, and a stunning ride that is both ultra-quiet and heart-pounding when necessary. The faster the car goes on the highway the smoother the ride gets, until you seem to be literally floating over the road. One truly has to be behind the wheel of this car to believe it. I purchased a 2002 Infiniti QX4 in 2004 for the same price I paid for my LS 430 in 2009. That car was a refrigerator on wheels compared to the LS 430. Talk about affordable luxury.

Ride Quality, serenity inside, awesome power when needed, the complete automobile.

A compass would be nice (option I don't have).

Dream car
By Satisfied

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car is the best vehicle I have ever experienced. Other than standard maintenance, I have had NOTHING go wrong. Service trips have been an ease with no appts, etc. This car beats my Mercedes on all factors - power, style, comfort, efficiency, SERVICE, fun!!

Power, room, comfort (can drive for hours without tiring).

No suggestions, this car exceeded all of my expectations.