2006 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )
Inadequate low beams
By lawman430 on 01/14/13 11:10 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The first time I drove my 2006 LS 430 at night, I thought I did not have my headlights properly turned on. I could not see well enough to drive over 30 mph. When I called the dealer the technition mentioned that I was the third person that week to make the same complaint so I left it for diagnosis. Result- "no problem, "everything checked out to specs." When I pushed the saftey issue, I basically got a shrug and was told that the headlight system takes a while to get used to. I got caught in a rainstorm on the interstate last night and had to slow down to 35 mph. I could not see anything but other cars were passing by with no problem. Anyone else?

Headlights
By Barbara on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I find the headlights dangerous. They cast a shadow and it is difficult to see the road when the road is unlit. The dealership says they cannot be adjusted. I'm very disappointed that such an expensive car could have such a bad defect.

Dealer won't take insurance for 10k mice!
By V12COUPE on 08/03/10 15:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The car is pretty, quick, very flashy with the 18" chrome alloys and gold paint, mileage in city for me 11-12 mpg. Mice got into the interior ate the leather! $10,000 to replace! dealer said they won't deal with insurance companies! what? $64k on a top line car and this? they should have said that on purchase day and I never would have purchased it! I have a 91 bmw 850 cherry so this cars power and stability to me isn't great!

Simply great
By Jim T on 06/29/10 15:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned quite a few cars, about 19, including a couple of Q45's and BMW 741iL and this one takes the title. The BMW was junk, the infiniti's nice but not at this level. Only drawbacks, are drivers seat is so-so and has a cassette deck ( which I knew when I bought, no mp3) and the nav system is outdated, even for an 06. Otherwise, wow, what a ride and problem free for the past 23,000 miles having bought this new. It really does live up to its reputation, fun to drive, good performance when you step on it, and smooth as silk. Even my teenage daughters want to drive it, so the kewl factor survives, once you get into it.

Driver's Seat is Fabulously Comfortable
By John on 05/05/10 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I think kwahaus review is way off the mark. If you can't be comfortable in the Lexus 430 driver's seat you won't be comfortable in ANY car seat! The adjustment possibilities are endless. Those seats are absolutely perfect for me and for my passengers.

One flaw ruins the whole car
By kwahaus on 02/05/10 12:34 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this used last year after a ton of looking. Found what I wanted and was happy with the deal. I would rate the car a 9 or better if it weren't for one issue. The driver's seat is one the most uncomfortable I have ever had. Certainly not at all what one would expect. Dealer says nothing is wrong and is unwilling to consider a replacement seat even though it is still under warranty. Others who have driven the car, say the same thing. Unfortunately, this one issue will force me to sell the car. Looks like my 3rd Lexus may be my last.

Very nice car
By Pedro on 11/19/09 18:44 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Vehicle was a mfg buyback w/15K miles, ultra luxury package, supposedly had no start issues but under warranty. Paid 31K & just extended my warranty thru 8/75K so I'm covered for awhile. Absolutely love this car, best I can figure previous owner didn't drive it much & left the Smart key either in or near the car and the batteries would die. Haven't had any issues in my first year except had the front windshield R&R'd due to noise at 80mph against a headwind. Will be replacing original tires soon w/odometer at just over 25K. Just a beautiful ride, happy with everything except driver seat bottom comfort - it's just not very comfortable on a long drive, needs more cushion and support.

Fantastic
By GK on 10/12/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is amazing. The ride quality, performance characteristics, and creature comforts make this easily one of the finest automobiles ever made. Smooth acceleration, with the ability to change driving modes, and a stunning ride that is both ultra-quiet and heart-pounding when necessary. The faster the car goes on the highway the smoother the ride gets, until you seem to be literally floating over the road. One truly has to be behind the wheel of this car to believe it. I purchased a 2002 Infiniti QX4 in 2004 for the same price I paid for my LS 430 in 2009. That car was a refrigerator on wheels compared to the LS 430. Talk about affordable luxury.

Dream car
By Satisfied on 01/10/09 07:53 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car is the best vehicle I have ever experienced. Other than standard maintenance, I have had NOTHING go wrong. Service trips have been an ease with no appts, etc. This car beats my Mercedes on all factors - power, style, comfort, efficiency, SERVICE, fun!!

ls 430 value
By art on 04/18/08 15:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Has navigation system, great features, sturdy and reliable. Many compliments on appearance of car and features

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.