2005 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Review: I purchased a lemon

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Review

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan

I purchased a lemon
By Jack F. on

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd new Lexus and the only one that I have had trouble with. My side view mirrors needed to be replaced, the struts holding the trunk lid up were also replaced, 3 parts to my steering column were replaced, my drivers seat needed 2 parts to repair the movement, to wit, front to back etc. It got stuck and would not stop. Last but not least, one of my wheels developed a large crack above the lugs which caused my service manager to call to inform me that it was to dangerous to drive the car the way it was and the cost of a new wheel was $ 550. That's the bad news. The good news is, all the above was repaired under warrantee, including the wheel. Get the extended warrantee, I did.

Setting my vehicle's deficiency aside I believe my LS 430 is the best choice I could have made. I hope someone at the top level at Lexus replaces the design staff with people with imagination. The LS group is in need of some serious changes in that area. It's dull.

The body style is dull and almost identical to about 7 other companies. It's time to gain independence with a unique style. Ask Chryslet to design your vehicles, they do well in that area. The navigation system does not work properly and it is difficult to set the heating to desired temp. Lexus needs help

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review