Best Value for Your Dollar
By Steve Stanczak on
2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)
Having previously owned a number of high-end Euro sedans, most recently a 2000 BMW 750iL, I was not expecting to be as impressed with the LS as I was, especially with its 0-60 sprint. The standard amenities are more than competitive with the Euro's. All available options are on par with the competition. I would ideally like to see a longer wheelbase on this car. While the LS does not provide the driving excitement that makes me create errands just to leave the house, it does provide what I feel is the most polished ride I have experienced. This would be THE car to take on an extended trip. Bottom line, I don't wish I had an S-Class, A8, nor a 7-Series, all of which were test driven.
Favorite Features
The navigation system is well designed and extremely intuitive. The audio system has no peers. The seat comfort and quiet drive (can be a bit isolated, however) are first rate. Keyless entry is a snap to use. Interior design is extremely well done, looks best in either saddle or black.
Suggested Improvements
The volume and voice activated controls behind the steering wheel are challenging to find at times. BMW has a better park assist system as the LS is not as sensitive as it should be. Exterior design is too conservative but chrome wheel option and tinted windows help to dress it up.