A true luxury car!
By Tim on
2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)
I traded a 2004 LS 430 for a 2005 LS 430 - wanted the 18" wheels and a lighter color. Although the Black Cherry Pearl of my 2004 was beautiful, it was a nightmare to keep clean. Traded for the Crystal White. Much easier to maintain the appearance and I love the sportiness of the bigger wheels. They cause a slightly stiffer ride, but coming from a cloud to a lesser cloud...? One amazing experience: I traveled from York, PA to Williamsburg, VA on a business trip so I had the opportunity to check strictly highway gas mileage. Amazing - I got just over 30MPG! 271 miles on nine gallons. In a V8, rear-wheel-drive car. Unbelievable if I hadn't done it myself.
Favorite Features
Quiet, smooth ride. High quality interior materials, fit and finish. Before the two LS430s, I had owned an 02 and 99 Acura RL. Nice cars but not a Lexus. I doubt that I can go back. I tested BMW 545, Audi A8, MB E500 and CLS500. I would have paid more for less reliability/lower re-sale value.
Suggested Improvements
Mark Levinson sound system without having to buy the Navigation. I have a portable Magellan RoadMate 700 that I can put in any of my cars and also take out of town for use in rental cars. Can't justify the expense of factory installed - they bring very little additional re-sale value.