Used 2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus Ls-430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (98 reviews )

GREAT CAR
By DEXMON

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best car I have ever owned. I bought it on 1/31/05 and have already driven more than 25000 miles and have no problems with this car. The ride is so smooth you feel like you are riding in the clouds. I love the navigation controls and the touch screen. I will buy another car except the ls.

Favorite Features

I love the navigation and the Mark Levinson stereo system. Love being able to move the passenger front seat without having to reach over.

Suggested Improvements

Need to be able to enter a destination on the navigation system while driving. Need some work on the cup holders.

All But the Transmission
By FunkyTrans

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded a 2004 ES330 for an 05 LS430 because of the jerky transmission shifting. The LS isn't much better, at a slow roll, shifting is very erratic. Again, the mechanics say it's "normal". For $60K the transmission (or computer that controls it) shouldn't be "confused". Sadly, my $15K Dodge pick-up shifts much better (seamless) for a fourth of the cost. Big disappointment.

Favorite Features

Navigation system and Mark Levinson stereo are awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission shifting, or get rid of the computer controlled shifting and go back to the 90s, when the cars were smooth!

good car, design flaws
By spam

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd ls430 in a row. There is too much wind noise and the dealership, although accomodating (they even replaced the wind shield) could not find the problem. They took out the occilating front vents (great feature), the message recorder and the emergency sat link. All missed very much. The seats are less comfortable. This is my first "ultra luxury" package, and my last.

Favorite Features

GPS navigation, rear window shade & radar cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the wind noise and more power.

PERFECT CAR
By Bill

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my absolute favorite automobile. I have owned a Benz S and a BMW 7, and neither compair to the LS 430. The Lexus is hands down the best luxury car on the road. never had any problems, as i did with the BMW and the Benz, and i spent less in the Lexus. the ride is much, much smoother and softer, the engine has more then enough power for any luxury car driver. I will never drive anything other then a LS, Best Car on the road.

Favorite Features

ABSOLUTLY EVERYTHING, softest leather ive ever felt, most comfortable seats, smoothest ride

Suggested Improvements

only thing that people can knock on a LS is the handling, the body has some sway to it, but nothing the everyday driver will be unsatisfied with

Best... Hands down
By B-Pak

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Guys, I drove everything... From Benz to Jaguar. Nothing has the quality, class, luxury, or reliability of the Lexus. The car sounds like it's off while you driving on the freeway, it's that quiet! This is hands down the best sedan on the market today. Sorry to the benz, BMW and jag loyalists out there. The Lexus is the king.

Favorite Features

Interior room and comfort, Wood grain, smooth ride, Navigation, back up camera, bluetooth, all around class.

Suggested Improvements

I wouldn't change a thing. It's the perfect car to fly under the radar.