2005 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews 7

2005 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (98 reviews )
Lexus LS 430
By Niels Stenhoj on 03/12/05 08:11 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third Lexus 400/430 and it the best. Lexus has an understanding for what the consumer thinks is luxury. They do not load up the car with fancy technology that you do not need. They focus on making your ride as safe and comfortable as possible.

no need to ask
By bill h. on 03/09/05 21:06 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I'm old enough not to have to put up with the stiff ride of other cars along with the rattles, difficulty of entry, loud road noise & noisy engines that idle rough. LS 430 does none of this.

I purchased a lemon
By Jack F. on 02/19/05 18:00 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd new Lexus and the only one that I have had trouble with. My side view mirrors needed to be replaced, the struts holding the trunk lid up were also replaced, 3 parts to my steering column were replaced, my drivers seat needed 2 parts to repair the movement, to wit, front to back etc. It got stuck and would not stop. Last but not least, one of my wheels developed a large crack above the lugs which caused my service manager to call to inform me that it was to dangerous to drive the car the way it was and the cost of a new wheel was $ 550. That's the bad news. The good news is, all the above was repaired under warrantee, including the wheel. Get the extended warrantee, I did.

LS 430 Ultra is the BEST of the BEST
By system architect on 02/17/05 15:52 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The LS 430 Ultra is the very best the car industry has to offer. Heated/cooled seats, perimeter parking sensors, laser-guided cruise control, integrated voice-activated phone - this has it all. My ONLY complaint is that Lexus disables 90% of the GPS functionality once you start moving. That is fine for safety (as the driver needs to pay attention to driving) but COMPLETELY ignores that there might be a passenger there who COULD use it. So instead, we pull over on the shoulder on the highway and risk death, to stop the car to put in the location - that we can't do otherwise because my Lexus is saving me from myself. This is going to be a GREAT lawsuit one day!

Perfection
By display? on 02/17/05 10:45 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 2002 lexus 430 and after driving this for 3 years and 18,000 miles, I thought nothing could surpass it but in Jan I sold it and bought a 2005 430 and found out they had actually been able to improve the ride. This is the ultimate, the gas mileage is 27-28 mpg on the highway. The nav system! well I'm still working on this, but getting there. An unbelievable car.

Loving It!
By J&K on 02/17/05 07:56 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I am a repeat Lexus owner. I loved my 1997 LS 400 and now the improvement of perfection is shown in my new LS 430. I intend to enjoy it for at least the next 7 plus years. Driving the car is a joy, its ease of handling and speed is incredible. It's almost as if the moment I think about it - I'm doing it. There is no hesitation in its performance and it LOOKS good too. Thanks Lexus.

They are not as good as they say.
By Michael OBrien on 02/15/05 03:59 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

My LS430 has been plagued with some minor and one major problem. Lexus and the dealership have given up. Is this what I paid $70k for? It is not the reputation I had heard about and influenced me into buying a Lexus. Navigation system very unfriendly and at times useless. I think I will try an XJ8L - at least it looks more stylish.

A Wonderful Luxury Experience
By Sam on 02/13/05 14:16 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 4th LS car. Normally I like to change brands when a buy a car, but Iíve owned a Lexus since 1992. (Still have the original LS too.) I had a 2002 LS 430 with only 25K on it, but the new toys and styling changes made me get one. This is a great car pure and simple. The interior is wonderful and the leather is better than my last one. The Backup Camera is great along with the Bluetooth. It has a solid presence to it on the road. Based on my prior Lexus experience I have no doubt about the reliability. My 1992 has not caused any problems despite its age. My '98 and '02 LSs were also trouble free. The only concern is the effect of the 18-inch tires on the ride of the car.

Looking forward to 2006 Model
By M Bell on 02/12/05 18:32 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

It seems reliability has finally become an issue with Lexus with the LS 430 2004 model. My car is 12 months old and has already had 4 recalls, some rather serious like a bad fuel pump and faulty automatic transmission. I have also had my park-assist quit which was not a recall. However, Lexus dealerships are the best and you couldn't be looked after better unless they put you up at the Ritz while they worked on your car. Mercedes and BMW seem to care less, which is why my 2006 will also be a Lexus.

Best Value for Your Dollar
By Steve Stanczak on 02/08/05 23:02 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Having previously owned a number of high-end Euro sedans, most recently a 2000 BMW 750iL, I was not expecting to be as impressed with the LS as I was, especially with its 0-60 sprint. The standard amenities are more than competitive with the Euro's. All available options are on par with the competition. I would ideally like to see a longer wheelbase on this car. While the LS does not provide the driving excitement that makes me create errands just to leave the house, it does provide what I feel is the most polished ride I have experienced. This would be THE car to take on an extended trip. Bottom line, I don't wish I had an S-Class, A8, nor a 7-Series, all of which were test driven.