2005 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (97 reviews )
Bruce's review
By Bruce on 05/18/05 22:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best vehicle I have owned. I traded an S-Type Jag and there is no comparison. the room and quietness is fantastic. The ride is very smooth and the quality of the car seems to be excellent.

Excellent car
By Jeff on 05/15/05 18:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second LS 430 and this car is a dream to drive. Quiet, reliable and good gas mileage. I looked at several other cars because I thought I might want something different. Nothing compared when all things were considered. Absolutely fantastic car!

Great Ride !
By Chief 1 on 05/10/05 16:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent workmanship. Best engine/transmission function I have experienced. It is so smooth and quiet I had to learn to watch the tac. to see if it is running. The sixth gear allows it to run at 80mph at just 2100 rpm. When asked, the 4000 lbs. will do 0 to sixty in under 6 sec. Almost all comforts have been provided such as air 10 air bags, 10 way heated/cooled seats, dim/tilt down mirrors. We bought it as a road car and while it isn't a "sport feel" drive, it provides a strong performance and safe feel with adaquate road comfort. If it continues to satisfy I will buy this brand car again.

A true luxury car!
By Tim on 05/01/05 19:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded a 2004 LS 430 for a 2005 LS 430 - wanted the 18" wheels and a lighter color. Although the Black Cherry Pearl of my 2004 was beautiful, it was a nightmare to keep clean. Traded for the Crystal White. Much easier to maintain the appearance and I love the sportiness of the bigger wheels. They cause a slightly stiffer ride, but coming from a cloud to a lesser cloud...? One amazing experience: I traveled from York, PA to Williamsburg, VA on a business trip so I had the opportunity to check strictly highway gas mileage. Amazing - I got just over 30MPG! 271 miles on nine gallons. In a V8, rear-wheel-drive car. Unbelievable if I hadn't done it myself.

LS 430
By A Fry on 04/21/05 21:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The LS 430 is pleasure to drive. I recently completed a 10 hour trip in the LS and I was ready to turn around and make the return trip. I was not tired or uncomfortable at anytime during the trip. The radar cruise control is easy to use takes all of the stress out of the drive. The seating is very comforable and roomy. All of the systems, such as the navigation, satilite radio/audio and the ventilation system are easy to use. The air suspension and braking system is flawless.

Best Car I Have Owned
By Volunteer on 04/18/05 17:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This Lexus LS 430 has more advanced features than its peers. ie: blue tooth tecnology, swivel headlights, XM ready, Quietest interior in town and country, smooth acceleration but has the power if required. Navigation system is best by far than Mercedes & BMW both of which I have owned.

LS 430 is pure comfort
By L & E on 04/18/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is our 4th Lexus LS since 1990. The 2005 Lexus LS 430 has exceeded our expectations. Many unique upgrade features make it a pleasure to drive. It is quiet, smooth and comfortable. The body is tight and has a nice finish. High test fuel economy is not great so far. Original equipment high performance all season Dunlop tires give a quiet ride and good handling, but according to the manufacturer, are predicted to last not more than 20,000 mi.

Awesome vehicle
By david on 04/14/05 20:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car makes the long drive home fun and you can't wait for a long trip. Seats are terrific with excellent double lumbar support. Mark Levinson sound system is better than the one I have in my home. Brakes are wonderful and the 290 HP engine gets you where you want quickly and effortlessly. If you want a trouble free luxury sedan, there is only one car to have and the 430 is it.

best sedan around
By henry unger on 03/31/05 18:25 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Everything about this car is superior to outstanding. Ride, sound quality of stereo, ease of handling, superior ride, very quiet. Turn ratio is good, overall look is above average, maintenance is great.

Best Car
By Paul Rapaport on 03/31/05 14:06 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This automobile rides like a dream and on the highway, it is smooth and quiet. Recently, I averaged 25 + mpg on a 1200 mile trip. I have owned 3 Lexus autos and this is the best and all of them were extremely reliable.