Used 2005 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (102 reviews )

LEXUS TRUTH
By Larry, Mill Vlly, CA

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Lexus is stand alone quality, reliability, and comfort. This car is no exception. It DOES have sporty handling - all the driver need do is utilize the controls at their disposal, namely to down shift and place in "sport" mode, and then the vehicle literally behaves like a sports car. Lexus is the enlightened choice. It is the most economical choice, because of its durability and reliability. Since it lasts three times longer than a quality cheap car, it is the most economical and enlightened car purchase choice. These are the facts. Safe driving to you.

Comfort, handling and power when downshifting in sport mode. Durability and reliability.

Keep improving on gas mileage. Lower maintenance charges by California dealers.

LOVE THIS CAR!!
By smashingk

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I test drove several cars including Mercedes S class, BMWs, Jaguars. etc. I chose this car because of reliability, price and the whole package. I bought the ultra luxury package which comes with a massager in the back seat, navigation, sound system, smart key, parking sensors, back auto shades, etc. The handling is great in this car. I have left my keys in the car twice at the shopping mall cause I couldn't hear the engine running. This car also gets great gas on the highway. I can drive from Atlanta to northern VA on a full tank of gas. I was very impressed. I never had any problems.

Tough screen navigation with backup camera. Auto tilting rearview mirror. Levinson sound system w/messages. Blue tooth for phone. Massager for the rear seats. Smart key. ****EVERYTHING****

I want a massager in the front seat! I like everything about this car.

Excellent Vehicle
By GP

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

No reliability issues - except a driver side door lock problem which the dealer covered with good will warranty. A very quiet and a very soft ride. Everything works very smoothly. ML sound system is awesome! Fit and finish is top notch. A/C cools the car very well for the front and rear seat passengers. Mileage is amazingly good for a V8. I get about 18-19 in the city and 26-28 in hwy.

ML, navigation, heated and cooled seats

Styling! The new LS460 has a better looking interior

My first Lex
By GhostRyder06

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

When needing a new car with enough room for a tall family of (4), I did my research with the Lexus LS 430 and the BMW 745. As you can see, the Lexus LS 430 was my decision. I must say, what an excellent choice! For me to sit in the back seats and have room enough to close the doors and be comfortable was a must. Plus the reliability factor was a no brainer. Comfortable, quiet eye catcher! Not a car to reach 60 miles in 5.6 secs. That's what the Lexus GS is for. This is a grown man's car. I took her for her 60k maintenance yesterday and it was a hefty bill. But I know it was well worth the money. My mind is made up to get another once the wheels have fallen off this one.

The Smart key entry I love. Very roomy and a relax feel.

Great, but a few flaws
By LA-Dave

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Overall, I am very happy with the car. It performs well, rides very well, and is a real joy to drive. Though I paid dearly for not buying OEM-specified tires, I have dealt with a few defects (AC vent sweep, passenger mirror failure, headlamp gasket replacement, and a manufacture- defected windshield). Also, (as a safety issue) I have a problem with the mirrors rotating in before exiting the vehicle, especially when parking on the street. Even with these drawbacks, I would definitely recommend this vehicle.

Keyless entry, the ride, the sweeping AC vents.

Have the mirrors rotate in when the vehicle alarm is armed. The car should auto-arm if there is no key detected (with keyless entry systemts) after a pre-determined amount of time. All "Dealer" set options should be driver-selectable.