Used 2005 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (99 reviews )

My first Lex
By GhostRyder06

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

When needing a new car with enough room for a tall family of (4), I did my research with the Lexus LS 430 and the BMW 745. As you can see, the Lexus LS 430 was my decision. I must say, what an excellent choice! For me to sit in the back seats and have room enough to close the doors and be comfortable was a must. Plus the reliability factor was a no brainer. Comfortable, quiet eye catcher! Not a car to reach 60 miles in 5.6 secs. That's what the Lexus GS is for. This is a grown man's car. I took her for her 60k maintenance yesterday and it was a hefty bill. But I know it was well worth the money. My mind is made up to get another once the wheels have fallen off this one.

The Smart key entry I love. Very roomy and a relax feel.

Great, but a few flaws
By LA-Dave

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Overall, I am very happy with the car. It performs well, rides very well, and is a real joy to drive. Though I paid dearly for not buying OEM-specified tires, I have dealt with a few defects (AC vent sweep, passenger mirror failure, headlamp gasket replacement, and a manufacture- defected windshield). Also, (as a safety issue) I have a problem with the mirrors rotating in before exiting the vehicle, especially when parking on the street. Even with these drawbacks, I would definitely recommend this vehicle.

Keyless entry, the ride, the sweeping AC vents.

Have the mirrors rotate in when the vehicle alarm is armed. The car should auto-arm if there is no key detected (with keyless entry systemts) after a pre-determined amount of time. All "Dealer" set options should be driver-selectable.

A worthwhile and enjoyable experience
By Professor

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my LS 430 as a certified used Lexus and it had 17280 miles at the time of purchase. I am more than pleased with every aspect of the automobile. It is serene and powerful, yet it gets a respectable MPG considering its size and weight. It is exceptionally comfortable and a pleasure to drive.

Multifuncional adjustable seats, excellent cooling capacity on the hottest of days. Easy to learn and use functions.

"Climate control" front seats do not really cool or heat the seats and air recirculating feature does not always function as it should as described in the ownners manual. Overall an excellent automobile based on quality, reliability and performance. Just a few minor annoyances.

2005 LS 430
By Keith Hartman

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Wonderful in many ways, not so good in snow country and sometimes scary in the wind & rain. This car that seems so easy to drive does not handle well at the limits of high speed and adverse weather. (My previous car was an Audi A-8; but this car doesn't handle as well as my wife's Surbaru Outback.) Not so important but a niggling problem is the placement of various buttons on the steering wheel that are easily bumped and change the audio system (or turn it on!), set off the voice activation programs, etc. Also, four times I ran the battery down because a door was not completely shut, which I couldn't tell from the interior lights that stay on for a minute or so after the car is shut down.

Best car seats ever, better than any chair in my house. Great transmission.

Dump the voice activation, avoid bump-able buttons on the left steering column. Find our how Germany gets their luxury cars to handle so well. This car gets mixed up at the parking lot with similar color Camrys and Avalons, too many bits are the same.

My fifth Lexus, fourth LS
By pjbigley

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my fifth Lexus. Have had a 2 1991 LS's, a 1998 LS, 2004 GS430 (mistake), and my present 2005 LS 430. The GS was too small for me (should have learned on the first 3 LS's, and I am soooo happy to be back in the seat of an LS. All it took was to sit in the drivers seat, have the seats wrap around you, the dash light up, and all of the phenomenal features at your fingertips. From the radar cruise, to the LED appointments everywhere at night, to the folding mirrors, and to have a backup camera in a sedan is a dream. I have not driven any other since 1996, and never will. As long as I can afford it, it will always be a Lexus LS.

Smart Key, Laser cruise control, backup camera, folding mirrors, auto closing doors, and the tiptronic like shifting. Mark Levinson sound is the best and so versatile. Love the seat extension for the driver (I am 6'5").

Cannot wait to see how the new 07 LS fares. If the tradition continues, I will be an owner in the next three years