2005 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Review: 2005 LS 430

2005 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic)

2005 LS 430
By Keith Hartman on

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Wonderful in many ways, not so good in snow country and sometimes scary in the wind & rain. This car that seems so easy to drive does not handle well at the limits of high speed and adverse weather. (My previous car was an Audi A-8; but this car doesn't handle as well as my wife's Surbaru Outback.) Not so important but a niggling problem is the placement of various buttons on the steering wheel that are easily bumped and change the audio system (or turn it on!), set off the voice activation programs, etc. Also, four times I ran the battery down because a door was not completely shut, which I couldn't tell from the interior lights that stay on for a minute or so after the car is shut down.

Best car seats ever, better than any chair in my house. Great transmission.

Dump the voice activation, avoid bump-able buttons on the left steering column. Find our how Germany gets their luxury cars to handle so well. This car gets mixed up at the parking lot with similar color Camrys and Avalons, too many bits are the same.