2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (97 reviews )
A worthwhile and enjoyable experience
By Professor on 06/28/07 19:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my LS 430 as a certified used Lexus and it had 17280 miles at the time of purchase. I am more than pleased with every aspect of the automobile. It is serene and powerful, yet it gets a respectable MPG considering its size and weight. It is exceptionally comfortable and a pleasure to drive.

2005 LS 430
By Keith Hartman on 02/18/07 06:18 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Wonderful in many ways, not so good in snow country and sometimes scary in the wind & rain. This car that seems so easy to drive does not handle well at the limits of high speed and adverse weather. (My previous car was an Audi A-8; but this car doesn't handle as well as my wife's Surbaru Outback.) Not so important but a niggling problem is the placement of various buttons on the steering wheel that are easily bumped and change the audio system (or turn it on!), set off the voice activation programs, etc. Also, four times I ran the battery down because a door was not completely shut, which I couldn't tell from the interior lights that stay on for a minute or so after the car is shut down.

My fifth Lexus, fourth LS
By pjbigley on 12/11/06 16:26 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my fifth Lexus. Have had a 2 1991 LS's, a 1998 LS, 2004 GS430 (mistake), and my present 2005 LS 430. The GS was too small for me (should have learned on the first 3 LS's, and I am soooo happy to be back in the seat of an LS. All it took was to sit in the drivers seat, have the seats wrap around you, the dash light up, and all of the phenomenal features at your fingertips. From the radar cruise, to the LED appointments everywhere at night, to the folding mirrors, and to have a backup camera in a sedan is a dream. I have not driven any other since 1996, and never will. As long as I can afford it, it will always be a Lexus LS.

Uncomfortable driver's seat.
By Joel on 12/08/06 06:25 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

You would think that Lexus would have spent more time testing the driver's seat comfort in their "flagship" sedan. I have owned this car for a month and will sell it as soon as possible. It feels like you are sitting in a hole the longer you sit in the driver's seat. In addition the armrest is uncomfortable due to lack of adequate padding and large seam. My other car is a 1999 ES 300. It has the most comfortable seats and driving position of any car I have ever owned. At any rate, my next car will be a Jaguar or Mercedes (with 100K warranty) more exciting design and road feel but less reliability. The trade off will be worth it this time around.

Lexus for life!
By L. Simmons on 10/31/06 07:54 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd lexus and I can't say enough good things about it. Everyone who rides with me is so impressed with the smoothness of the ride; even Mercedes and BMW owners! I can't wait to get my next Lexus.

I love it twice...
By nvbanker on 08/14/06 18:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

My second LS 430, this one trumps the 02 I had easily. The seats are much improved, and near perfect now. Handling is better, though not a Bimmer, it's good. Dependability is perfect. Love the Bluetooth phone, which works flawlessly with my Treo every time. The A/C is the best I've ever known, and the cooled seats are welcome in the desert. Can't get more luxury value for the money, IMO.

A joy to drive
By faultless on 07/24/06 08:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

My 4th lexus and the best one yet. Wherever I am going I am never in a hurry to get there, enjoy the ride, the music especially and the quietness of the car. Only problem I have is with the Nav system. It's just a bit complicated. I am looking forward to seeing the new 2007 although I am not sure what they can improve. Maybe style if anything and hopefully the nav system will be a little easier to figure

A lot to like
By Bill on 06/26/06 13:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Having owned Mercedes Benz, BMW, Acura, and Cadillac, the Lexus is without a doubt the most smooth riding and quiet vehicle of all. Performance is excellent although handling is not quite on par with BMW. The emphasis is on comfort and luxury with the Lexus and they hit the mark with near perfection. The only gripes have to do with the blue tooth phone which is less user friendly to use than my wifes Acura and with fewer voice commands. The navigation system also prevents making changes or inquiries once underway - their lawyers must have the last word in product design. Overall, Lexus is truly an outstanding vehicle and offers excellent valu as well.

The Ultra Luxury Edition Nightmare
By Nestor on 01/01/06 01:36 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love the car. The interior design seems to be flawless. The smoothness, the quiet ride and comfort are all excellent. A minor problem is I keep hitting the audio button when I am on the touch screen for navigation. I have been to the dealership for a suspension problem four times and so far I have had no luck of getting the problem resolved. The car is sitting higher on one side. The air suspension is a very complicated system since it is controlled by the computer. The Service Manager told me that it is normal to have a variation of up to one inch. The height of the car on one side is much apparently higher. I measured it close to 3/4 of an inch. Consider this comment before buying one.

What a ride!
By Lori L on 12/14/05 18:22 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I was almost going to get the new GS but the interior was too small and cramped. And the convertible did not include any new and improved safety features. However, when I got a good price, I said why not? Despite some minor annoyances, this car has superior safety features and a superb ride. I lease 2.