2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (97 reviews )
Outstanding Automobile!
By dwmiller25 on 12/07/11 13:04 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased this vehicle a month ago with 53k miles and after 3k miles and a month of driving I can say that this car is absolutely amazing. Just completed a road trip to Atlanta and averaged 27.3mpg!! Not bad for a 4,000 pound car. The fit and finish in this car is truly outstanding with no rattles or blemishes of any kind. The Mark Levinson stereo is one of the best I have heard. Althoug this car is a heavy vehicle it still has plenty of power when needed and handles very well on the road. The car has the feel of a well built automobile. This car reminds me of a better version of a 93 Mercedes 300E I owned. (The new benz's don't hold a candle to either of these cars in terms of quality.)

Money Pit although very comfy
By tj49er on 06/29/11 13:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned this car brand new for almost 7 years. In the beginning I was flabbergasted at the wonderful level of support and service. I trusted the reviews of reliability and long lasting promises of this car, as it was our retirement car and more money than we have EVER spent for a vehicle. We have done every service recommended and not let anyone but the dealer touch the car. It was treated impeccably. It would take several pages to tell you what has gone wrong with this car! Things like shocks/struts leaking, AC compressor, seat belts, battery, interior malfunctions, trunk button/shock lifts, brakes, tire indicators malfunction, auto door closer, ETC! Lexus says, too bad, no warr

Lexus Never Disappoints!
By KarXPert on 05/30/10 18:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

We have owned top of the line Lexus's and loved all of them especially the LS Sedan and the LX SUV. They have been a joy to have and will recommend to anyone!!!

Avoid at all Costs
By lexuslemon on 09/02/09 15:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have always owned Lexus cars, but the newer models have gotten so unnecessarily complex that they are prone to VERY expensive failures. I could go on and on, but take for example the most recent failure of the Navigation unit. At only 28k pampered miles, the screen just up and dies. Now, not only does this screen control the GPs, but it also controls the climate control/defrost, rear view camera, Stereo including radio/CD changer. So this one gadget failing has rendered the car undriveable (no defrost.) To get it replaced is 6k....SIX thousand dollars (and not covered by warranty even though the car only has 30k miles!!) This is BAD engineering plain and simple.

Cert. pre-owned the way to go
By Jay on 08/16/09 11:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought a used 05' LS 430 (55k miles), tremendous condition and certified through Lexus (3yr/100k bumper to bumper warranty). Wow! what a car! Previously owned a Porsche. Different types of vehicles, but the LS is an overall winner. 24- 26 mpg on the highway, tons of space, baby seat in back and front passenger can still stretch out. Quiet, powerful, smooth as silk ride. An 05' LS more reliable than most brand new vehicles. Major head turner. Would highly recommend one.

LEXUS TRUTH
By Larry, Mill Vlly, CA on 08/01/09 11:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Lexus is stand alone quality, reliability, and comfort. This car is no exception. It DOES have sporty handling - all the driver need do is utilize the controls at their disposal, namely to down shift and place in "sport" mode, and then the vehicle literally behaves like a sports car. Lexus is the enlightened choice. It is the most economical choice, because of its durability and reliability. Since it lasts three times longer than a quality cheap car, it is the most economical and enlightened car purchase choice. These are the facts. Safe driving to you.

LOVE THIS CAR!!
By smashingk on 08/07/08 23:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I test drove several cars including Mercedes S class, BMWs, Jaguars. etc. I chose this car because of reliability, price and the whole package. I bought the ultra luxury package which comes with a massager in the back seat, navigation, sound system, smart key, parking sensors, back auto shades, etc. The handling is great in this car. I have left my keys in the car twice at the shopping mall cause I couldn't hear the engine running. This car also gets great gas on the highway. I can drive from Atlanta to northern VA on a full tank of gas. I was very impressed. I never had any problems.

Excellent Vehicle
By GP on 07/06/08 21:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

No reliability issues - except a driver side door lock problem which the dealer covered with good will warranty. A very quiet and a very soft ride. Everything works very smoothly. ML sound system is awesome! Fit and finish is top notch. A/C cools the car very well for the front and rear seat passengers. Mileage is amazingly good for a V8. I get about 18-19 in the city and 26-28 in hwy.

My first Lex
By GhostRyder06 on 05/02/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

When needing a new car with enough room for a tall family of (4), I did my research with the Lexus LS 430 and the BMW 745. As you can see, the Lexus LS 430 was my decision. I must say, what an excellent choice! For me to sit in the back seats and have room enough to close the doors and be comfortable was a must. Plus the reliability factor was a no brainer. Comfortable, quiet eye catcher! Not a car to reach 60 miles in 5.6 secs. That's what the Lexus GS is for. This is a grown man's car. I took her for her 60k maintenance yesterday and it was a hefty bill. But I know it was well worth the money. My mind is made up to get another once the wheels have fallen off this one.

Great, but a few flaws
By LA-Dave on 04/23/08 20:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Overall, I am very happy with the car. It performs well, rides very well, and is a real joy to drive. Though I paid dearly for not buying OEM-specified tires, I have dealt with a few defects (AC vent sweep, passenger mirror failure, headlamp gasket replacement, and a manufacture- defected windshield). Also, (as a safety issue) I have a problem with the mirrors rotating in before exiting the vehicle, especially when parking on the street. Even with these drawbacks, I would definitely recommend this vehicle.