2004 Lexus LS 430 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Somebody's got to be First

2004 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic)

Somebody's got to be First . . .
By Jali on

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Allow me to qualify: I am a former Lexus Salesperson and I recently purchased the LS in Idaho for my parents. I then drove it to them in California. On new cars, I have sold over a dozen brand names including luxury lines and, IMO, Lexus is at the pinnacle of all badges. The 2004 LS has introduced new features and options that further enhance a legendary series. After 1100 miles in 2 days, it was the most pleasurable and least fatiguing road-trip I have ever made. Not a head-turner to every passerby, it does garner attention from knowledgeable consumers. Thatís refreshing to those seeking the finest of automobiles without parading apparent wealth.

Favorite Features

The Ultra has it all and too much to list here. Laser cruise control is worth the price of admission by itself. It will become a mainstream industry feature. The Ultra is feature intensive but it engages the operator and occupants with enormous benefits.

Suggested Improvements

The new Nav software is even more user- friendly but there remains an occasional void of accurate data in non- metro areas. Fortunately, Lexus updates (software) improve this over the years. Buyer: purchase the Ultra if you can justify the added expense. Worth it!