2004 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Review: From Japan to Germany and back

2004 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic)

From Japan to Germany and back again!
By lexdog71 on

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 1990 LS 400 back when the car first came out, late '89 to 1992. I dropped it, put sweet fat 5-star chrome rims on it and triple-limo tinted all the windows -- burgundy metallic on burgundy leather. That car was 240hp of undeniable quality and perfection. I got a comment everywhere I went; everyone loved that car. I'd take it to Vegas at 130mph like it was nothing! Put 70,000 miles on it in three years and seven years later, I took one in on trade (I was a dealer then) with 280,000 on it -- a black one -- and it started up without a puff and drove like a brand new car!! I've driven an Audi TT quattro cabriolet, a Mercedes S420, 300 SEL, and BMW 540i -- nothing compares to a Lexus LS!

I hadn't driven a Lex in 20 years but my grandmother got rid of her Q45 for a 2006 LS 430 around her 82nd birthday! I'd driven the car several times and simply loved it! It was everything the 400 was and MORE! Didn't handle like the LS 400, though. The first LS was more like an early 2000s 528i, softer steering. The 430 is like riding on a cloud with effortless thrust and, insulated from the outside world as you are, the car responds to every command without hesitation! The interior puts the German brands to shame, the sheer quality of the leather added to the comfort, is light years beyond what they're doing. Six-speed, Mark Levinson, Navigation, power rear sunshade -- WAY cool!!!

None. Maybe a second 18" chrome wheel option.