2004 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Review: Initial Impressions with Used

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Review

Initial Impressions with Used LS430
By new2lexus2 on

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Finally decided to treat ourselves to some luxury and research led us to the Lexus LS...test driving lead us to the 2004 LS430 we recently purchased. At 92,500 miles, and timing belt service just done, we felt this was a bargain luxury vehicle. Initial driving impression has been WoW! Car does have the often reported passenger side-view mirror problem, but that is easily worked around. We opted for the base model with some extras as opposed to the luxury model (we did test drive one). Since our desire was for a vacation and special occasion road car (instead of our 2001 RX300), we wanted the larger trunk. Still plenty of amenities to make it a true pleasure to drive and ride thus far.

Simply smooth and quite and comfortable and powerful and nice, etc, etc. Did a short trip to the coast and back (about 150 miles) and trip computer showed 27mpg (drove 55-65). Will need more driving to know if this kind of mileage holds up.

Nothing as yet, but still getting acquainted with it. I will say that I have found myself driving way faster than intended, but that is my problem, not the car's.