2004 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Review: Great but not Fantastic

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Review

Great but not Fantastic
By carperson on

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had the car for one week now and I have driven about 350 miles and have read through and figured out all the bells and whistles on the car. My previous car was a BMW 328i 2000 automatic 4 door sedan in titanium silver. I think this is a great car. It is extremely expensive however. Since I was buying an 04 in 03 I paid $3500 over sticker with an auto broker. However, I got a GREAT deal on the lease with a money factor of only .00164! I didn't want the smart key ($1K) option, but it seemed that all the cars with the Modern Luxury Package came with it. One problem with the smart key is that it interferes with remote start - nice for the winter.

Acceleration is fantastic for this size of car. Put it in power mode and hold on! Handling is quite good considering I didn't get the sport package (because I didn't want the huge 18" tires). The interior is beautiful. Paint and finish perfect.

Nav system more user friendly. Stop pushing smart key. Sport package with regular size tires. Better rims to improve apprearance.