2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (169 reviews )
The Best Car I have ever owned
By Glennpearson on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Oustanding car would by another when I am ready to trade. By far the best I have ever owned, Lexus owns me as a customer now as I have forever left Mercedes.

Did I make the right choice...
By Bignachy on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The ride quality is very good, but not as good as my 1998 Cadillac Concours. The appointments are top notch. I still have not read the entire owners manual, so there is still much to learn about the NAV system. The car is easy to manuver in tight parking spaces. The fit and finish is excellent. The only gripe is the seats are very stiff. I am used to a little more cushioning. I would suggest that Lexus think about who is purchasing the vehicle. Not a kids car. I'm 50 years old and need a little more cushioning for my back. Would I purchase another one....not sure.

Luxury at it's best
By Maishe02 on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Overall a very excellent auto. The finish is flawless. Performance leaves nothing to be desired. Has every luxury feature I could desire. Particularly like the moving directional vanes of the A/c and the satellite navigation without the necessity of CDs.

The Perfect Car
By l;mmmcdowell on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car is a joy to get into and drive every time. Hard to believe they could make a vehicle so enjoyable to drive in all conditions and even sitting in traffic is nice because of the great sound system ( I used to be a Hi-Fi dealer) and the filtered air comming into the car.

Tom's Review
By Thomas A. Miller on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

My first consideration is performance and maintenance reliability, it is very strong in this area. Riding comfort is excellent, it is quiet and comfortable. The car is beautiful and subtle. The features on the car are practical and convenient. And one other thing the car "gets out and moves". I am 67 years old and it is without a doubt the finest car I have owned.

superb car
By mishrick on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

beats all cars in all categories

LS430 w/Sport Suspension
By incognito on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Very few people are aware how well this sporty model compares to BMWs & M-Benz. Handling & roadholding are superb. 18" tires stay glued to the road, regardless of undulations & nothing fazes it, inspiring enormous confidence. Unlike the std. model's extra-plush ride, you know exactly what the road surface is like under you. Feedback is firm, but not harsh, making the driving experience very Lexus-like. However, you must enjoy sporty handling; if pure luxury is your thing, you probably shouldn't order this suspension. But if you want a great car that is also great fun to drive, this one is for you. Given 500hp, this would be the Best of the Best!

New Owner
By Lexus Novice on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Because of a decline in Mercedes quality I traded my trouble proned E class for a new Lexus LS 430. It's a fantastic car! Only car I've purchased in 35 years that had zero defects. Two months later , still zero. Love it.

430 near perfection!~!!!
By PVCDDS on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This auto is one of the best!! Lexus has done a fantastic job in conyinuing their pursuit of perfection! Having owned and driven this car for 9 months I have a keen idea of just how good this car is. Don't do the BMW or Benz until you have driven this car or you will be sorry

Lexus consistency
By gotopless on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

3rd Lexus purchase. The are the most reliable cars I have ever owned! (40 and counting)Service is OUTSTANDING, although it hasn't been back since the 1,000 checkup! The ultra has more for the passenger than the person that pays for it, is the only complaint. ( My kids LOVE IT!)